Sounds of Decay - reprint?

Ormir

Oct 11, 2001
Espoo, Finland
I happened upon a digipack copy of Sounds of Decay in a local record shop yesterday. I couldn't afford to buy it, but it was priced at the same they sell most of their EP's for. I've never actually seen a copy of the cd in question before, so I'm wondering if SoD has gone into reprint?

its not reprinted. it's left over copies from the pressing plant.

speaking of sounds of decay, avantgarde music are actually at the moment assembling all past sold out ep's to put on one cd compilation. no release date details yet.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

i can't believe this, great news, :eek: fuck this is awesome, so will this be the sort of thing released before the new album like Teargas was, or will it have other bands on it too, like an Avantgarde rare songs compilation :confused: hmn, it just sounds like katatonia so thats good, really good idea, so i hope the label goes through with it. :D

these ep'swill be featured in their ENTIRETY:

jhva elohim meth
for funerals to come
sounds of decay
saw you drown

then also:

war compilation tracks
a few bonus songs

its a NOT a "best of" album..
its purpose is to have the sold out ep's available again
but gathered on one disc.

so this is all about OLD katatonia.

Ok and with that news, comes the question of is there a release date yet? Will it be a limited pressing also or no?

:cry:This will render my original E.P.s obsolete:cry:

Thanks for the info though Anders, as a side note (you may not be the one to ask about this but...) Will October Tide "Rain Without End" ever see the printing presses again?

Wow, that's good news for me. Jhva Elohim Meth and Saw You Drown are still missing from my collection, so if that's really true, I'm really excited.

wow, great news, i cant wait, another thing to add to my shopping list :D i hope it gets a UK release, which it should, just i havent seen any old Katatonia in shops here, only in small stores where i had to get an import of DODS, which is great.

Will this compilation be released in the U.S. ? I'll almost definitely end up getting it anyway, but if it were released domestically it sure would be more convenient...

P.S. - And when the hell is Avantgarde gonna get real U.S. distribution, they have some fucking awesome bands!

Hmm... I dunno if I should get that release. I do have Sounds of Decay, Jhva Elohim Meth and For Funerals to Come already but I especially want those WAR compilation tracks...

I guess this is a serious blow for us EP collectors :p Now we can't boast about our collection as much as we used to... Looks like this is the only way I'm ever getting Saw You Drown, so I'm relatively happy.

these are fantastic news since i am missing Saw you Drown,Jhova elohim meth and For funerals to come.
No release dates on the avantgarde site,which is btw really cool,so we'll have to wait and see...

That's great!
I will finally complete my Katatonia collection! I'm looking forward to it, hope I don't have to wait too long!

Originally posted by Blakkheim
so this is all about OLD katatonia.

"OLD" !!! uh you are talking like old and new katatonia are different.(or i misunderstood it) Do you think that you have changed? (a change that you lost yourself) I am not agree with you i can't see any diffrences with the new and the old katatonia they are the same.I am not talking about your style it has changed that's sure but.There is something diffrent in your music that makes you katatonia and i can still sense it.

"Once i was someone new i was chosen for a while then with time i am changing at least that is what they say"