Katatonia SOUNDS OF DECAY shirts

jesse

living, breathing
Apr 29, 2001
Solitary Refinement
www.daylightdies.com
Katatonia limited edition "SOUNDS OF DECAY" tshirts on the way.

Thought everyone would be interested to know there is a strictly limited (only 48 made) Katatonia "Sounds of Decay" shirt on the way that will soon find it's way on Ebay. The shirts are endorsed by Katatonia themselves and will be the first and perhaps only pressing of shirts for this cult mini CD. The shirts are pressed on a tan shirt with black ink (as fitting with the layout)--so if you ever wanted a non-black band shirt, especially a Katatonia shirt, this is a good opportunity. Front has old logo, cover of Sounds of Decay and the text "Sounds of Decay". Back has back of Sounds of Decay image and lyrics "Any colours to express apart from bleak is hard and where you are my thoughts are in in guilt so forget me forget me not it's time to catch something since my ticket says the end". Will be available in S, M, L and XL. Several are already taken so these will be very limited!

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

DAMN JESSE!!!!! you just made my day :D

:Smokin: :Smokin: :Smokin:

EDIT@ FATEFUL:

cddisc.gif
: October Tide - To Die From Strength

what?!!!!!

Damnationx said:
My natural question issssssss:

Are these sizes different from American sizes? :Spin:
The shirts are printed in the US on 100% heavy cotton Gildan 6.1 oz. brand shirts. I believe they will arrive tomorrow and be immediately available on Ebay. I'll make sure to provide photos once they arrive.

jesse said:
The shirts are printed in the US on 100% heavy cotton Gildan 6.1 oz. brand shirts. I believe they will arrive tomorrow and be immediately available on Ebay. I'll make sure to provide photos once they arrive.

Beaaaautiful. Looks like i'll be getting a new Katatonia shirt! :headbang:

Syykdom said:
Looks great!

Why are there only 48 made?

Btw, cool to meet you in Stockholm, Jesse. So I take it that you survived your stay at R.O.C.K.S. ? hehe
Only 48 were made to keep it exclusive and rare.. it's good feeling to know that you won't see a ton of the same shirts when going out for the weekend or to a show.

Nice to meet you as well.. yes, I survived my night at Rocks, including paying the price for partying so fucking hard - but I wouldn't have it any other way. Pics from the whole trip will be up on my web site in the near future.. maybe this weekend.

... there were 50 Diabolical Masquerade 'Nightwork' shirts [missed out on that]
... there were 50 October Tide 'Grey Dawn' shirts [snagged one, awaiting arrival]
... but only 48 'Katatonia Sounds of Decay' shirts? Why the odd number?

zzz said:
Although the tan colored shirts meet the color of the artwork for the ep release, I dont think the results look that good. I know this is gonna sound cliche but it would have looked better on a black shirt. In addition, the print of the artwork on the shirt is too "square-ish" instead of having the artwork faded around the sides... The logo looks too simple and as if any person could have made it. I know the logo you used on the shirt was taken directly from the Sounds of Decay ep, but it could have been better if the brave murder day logo was used on the shirt, and much larger.
?
Everyone has their own opinions, and it's very easy to go and buy other black band shirts if need be. I actually did this design because this is exactly what I wanted and I thought it'd be fun to make a few more if other people wanted a different kind of design as well. I did not take the logo directly off the mini CD, I used the raw version of it and prefered the second version of the logo (as you had shown).. as I tried both. And I despise enormous logos on shirts (as you can tell by the DD shirts as well), as well as enormous prints in general on shirts. I think a bit smaller is more classy. All in all the shirt came out exactly as I wanted it, so I'm happy. If others share a desire for a shirt that is quite a bit different than other band shirts, they can get one too. If you don't like any aspect of it, just don't get it.. it won't hurt my feelings :). I'm sure there will be future designs of other shirts that may be more of what you're looking for.

The Daylight Dies complete tour.. probably after the new album comes out and we're not sure when that's going to be considering the level of red tape biz going on right now. We are going to begin playing out again before then though.. very soon actually.