Katatonia SOUNDS OF DECAY shirts

I'm a bit of a band tee shirt freak, and Katatonia have always done some of the nicest shirts IMO, and it's weird, a few days ago I was thinking how amazing it would be if there were some rare SOD shirts out there! And now this!

I know I would've tried to buy the shirt as soon as I'd heard, before I even looked anyway (like I say i'm a bit of a merch freak hehe) but I think the design is amazing. The original sludgy tan colour is great and I think/am hoping it will look quite good on me and I really love the minimal design (kinda suits the music I guess!) like u Jesse I hate overbearing huge designs on shirts and much prefer the classy simplistic look that's especially effective in this case and with such great artwork (logo too!) and lyrics...i think it could be my fave shirt! :saint:.

And right now since i'm quite young (16) and have a job but am still fobbing off my parents I don't really have much to spend all the cash I make on so it's ok for me to spend quite large sums of money on such things, and really $31 is not expensive anyway for a shirt in the UK at least! (I'm the winning bidder so far btw :eek:).

Hmm, paypal only. Well, I can't get paypal. I have credit cards and use
them all the time on the net. Paypal won't work for me. I have tried 3 times and could care less about this peice of shit Paypal.
Is there any way to just buy one of these?

Jinn said:
Dear God... it finally came down to over $50 USD [that includes the shipping] for that fucking shirt, BUT I GOT ONE DAMNIT!!!

Screw that! I would rather have the 50 bucks to have 10 shirts made up
with Katatonia on there.
(My buddy has a t-shirt screen printing setup.) :)

Jinn said:
Dear God... it finally came down to over $50 USD [that includes the shipping] for that fucking shirt, BUT I GOT ONE DAMNIT!!!

good for you....I know what its like to spend a decent amount of dough on something you want.....I have 2 of the Rare Old Logo Shirts....only 10 of them were ever sold.....
I too will get one but Im gonna let all you guys get one first....hoping the price will go down a bit....its not like they are handnumbered or anything....lolz

First of all, @Jesse Haff, that's awesome that you post on here! I've only got 'No Reply' by you guys, and I think it's really some great stuff. Has that strong 'Brave Murder Day/Sounds of Decay' feel. I had been wondering, do you think that DD will ever incorporate clean vocals? Not that I'm saying you should mirror Katatonia's progression. =P But it might be cool. Ah, whatever though. When's the new record coming out?

Second of all, badass! Those shirts look pretty nice -- I'm certainly in the race to obtain one. I have been wanting an 'old school' Katatonia shirt for a while, and now here's a chance to get both an old Katatonia shirt AND a rare Katatonia shirt at the same time. \m/ (~_~) \m/ By the way, I appreciate the lyrics you chose to print on the back of the shirt -- they are from my favorite part of my favorite song on this EP. =D

@ Mantraschism, check the Daylight Dies forum here at UM and check their site @ www.daylightdies.com for answers to all your questions. No Reply is their only album so far, so no wonder it's the 'only' one you own so far ;), except if you include the Idle demo-MCD. And they've got a new vocalist in the meantime, who's capable of clean singing, which will most likely be used on the upcoming record I suppose.

Mantraschism said:
First of all, @Jesse Haff, that's awesome that you post on here! I've only got 'No Reply' by you guys, and I think it's really some great stuff. Has that strong 'Brave Murder Day/Sounds of Decay' feel. I had been wondering, do you think that DD will ever incorporate clean vocals? Not that I'm saying you should mirror Katatonia's progression. =P But it might be cool. Ah, whatever though. When's the new record coming out?
Thanks for the kind words, I really appreciate it. The new album will have some clean vocals for some more dynamics, but still mainly focused on the death vocals. Not sure when the new album is going to be out, we're still figuring out the logistics for recording it. Everything is pretty much ready to go though, material wise. We're going to get out and rock a bit live in the meantime.. no sense in just sitting around. Definitely bring this conversation over to the Daylight Dies forum here at UM if you want.

Jinn said:
you have two of the old logo shirts? :OMG:

So..... buddy.... what'cha asking for one of them?
And is one of them a medium? :p

haha...I dont think Ill be getting rid of either of them.....thanx for the offer though....I payed out my ass for em....I got one from anders signed and then saw one online for like 60 $ and couldnt pass it up....sorry bro
I have thought about getting rid of some of my double copies of things because of my current financial situation but I just cant bring myself to do it.....sorry bro

Deliverance6 said:
haha...I dont think Ill be getting rid of either of them.....thanx for the offer though....I payed out my ass for em....I got one from anders signed and then saw one online for like 60 $ and couldnt pass it up....sorry bro
I have thought about getting rid of some of my double copies of things because of my current financial situation but I just cant bring myself to do it.....sorry bro

Gar. Damnit.

I'd be willing to pay twice as much as you paid for it.

My shirt came today... damn... it's fucking beautiful.
Thank you so much Jessie!

And Katatonia? Thank you for making great music, and thank you for all the inspiration through tough times.