a question for Mikael about the Moor error

I brang this up on the board about a year ago. I noticed it the first time I played the cd it's no malfunction it is just the drum track for the High Hat it pans to the left ear every once in while it sounds kinda weird.

Originally posted by discouraged1
I have a question for Mikael or anyone else who could give me an answer.

I've noticed some malfunction in the Moor, it seems like some tracks aren't working well.
It is coming along over the all instruments between 5.21 - 6.00, where "All the faces turned away and all would sneer at my demise" verses are sung.
You might not notice it immediately, but pay attention to the right speaker (or play the right speaker only), espicially on parts at 5.29, 5.42 and 5.48.

I found the similar errors in WC also:)) I mean White Cluster), fortunately they are of lower intensity, at 0.25 and 0.40.

The songs aren't ruined (they can't be spoiled by anything, they are that good), it is just this bothering me what it is.

Why are they bothering you so much , well I'm not saying that I'm right at this thing but if you cling onto something so insignificant it makes the music so useless (for you) ...As if the sole purpose for you is to find errors in the music, instead of appreciating the whole.

Arrghh!
Yes, it's an DAT error...something happened with the DAT while we were mixing the album. Nobody noticed at first, then Anders from In flames heard these "drop outs"...they we're all over the place at first, but we managed to cut some of it out in the mastering...still that part couldn't be helped and I HATE listening to it! While I'm on the subject of recording errors...a lot of people have asked us about the ending of "Serenity painted death"...yes, it was meant to be there! Nobosy seem to think it's cool apart from myself and the band.

Cheers
Mike

Arrghh!
Yes, it's an DAT error...something happened with the DAT while we were mixing the album. Nobody noticed at first, then Anders from In flames heard these "drop outs"...they we're all over the place at first, but we managed to cut some of it out in the mastering...still that part couldn't be helped and I HATE listening to it!
That must've sucked, all that effort and then youve got sound problems everywhere that cant all be fixed.

While I'm on the subject of recording errors...a lot of people have asked us about the ending of "Serenity painted death"...yes, it was meant to be there! Nobosy seem to think it's cool apart from myself and the band.
Does something like that make you less likely to do those little interesting bits in future? I would hope not... the ending to SPD is very cool once you get used to it and understand that it is done on purpose.

Ending to SPD? Do you mean how it suddenly cuts out a couple of seconds before White Cluster, or is that just my CD? I'm confused... :confused:

Ending to SPD? Do you mean how it suddenly cuts out a couple of seconds before White Cluster, or is that just my CD? I'm confused...
Yes thats what Mikael was just trying to answer. It is supposed to cut off suddenly, that was done intentionally.

Originally posted by discouraged1
I have a question for Mikael or anyone else who could give me an answer.

I've noticed some malfunction in the Moor, it seems like some tracks aren't working well.
It is coming along over the all instruments between 5.21 - 6.00, where "All the faces turned away and all would sneer at my demise" verses are sung.
You might not notice it immediately, but pay attention to the right speaker (or play the right speaker only), espicially on parts at 5.29, 5.42 and 5.48.

I found the similar errors in WC also:)) I mean White Cluster), fortunately they are of lower intensity, at 0.25 and 0.40.

The songs aren't ruined (they can't be spoiled by anything, they are that good), it is just this bothering me what it is.

Cheerz

never noticed this before but i'll check it out

Originally posted by Mikael Åkerfeldt
Arrghh!
Yes, it's an DAT error...something happened with the DAT while we were mixing the album. Nobody noticed at first, then Anders from In flames heard these "drop outs"...they we're all over the place at first, but we managed to cut some of it out in the mastering...still that part couldn't be helped and I HATE listening to it! While I'm on the subject of recording errors...a lot of people have asked us about the ending of "Serenity painted death"...yes, it was meant to be there! Nobosy seem to think it's cool apart from myself and the band.

Cheers
Mike

I along with others absolutely love the ending to Serenity Painted death. It fits in with the progression of the story so well, in my interpretation anyway. It's also my favorite track on the album.

And I've never noticed the errors.

Originally posted by YaYoGakk
Yes thats what Mikael was just trying to answer. It is supposed to cut off suddenly, that was done intentionally.

Oh, that . Yeah, that's good.

Originally posted by Mikael Åkerfeldt
Arrghh!

Cheers
Mike

Actually I understand you completely , when our band (wars of winter, if im not mistakin you might have a copy of it) wrote our most recent songs we(or Till) decided to end the song with out fade, fade is nice sometimes (April Ethereal) but when you use it too much you kinda get sick of it hey?

wow, I was reading these old posts and saw the one by Mikael. I just wanted to say that it's interesting that the "error" in SPD was intended, and also state that I think it's cool...so not EVERYBODY hates it :-D

Mikael Åkerfeldt said:
Arrghh!

Cheers
Mike
Another stupid question from me but - is this really Mikael?