A question on Crimson and Tribute album...

Leper_/-\ffinity

Child of The Grave
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
Well, first thing's first, I was just listening to Crimson 1, and was wondering how much work was really put into the guitar sound by Dan for those riffs, because I think the arrangements are really awesome, and I find the riffs to be a little better than C2, not by much, but definitely better, even though C2 solos own the ones on Crimson.

Secondly, me and a fellow buddy of mine, who are really into Dan's music were thinking it would be really cool to make a Swano tribute album, include songs from his various projects, and was wondering if anyone else has the talent to pull off a song to contribute to this. If you do, we could like start a thread where people can post their covers, and eventually, make a Dan Swano tribute album. Anyone interested in this idea, or should I forget it??

Leper_/-\ffinity said:
Well, first thing's first, I was just listening to Crimson 1, and was wondering how much work was really put into the guitar sound by Dan for those riffs, because I think the arrangements are really awesome, and I find the riffs to be a little better than C2, not by much, but definitely better, even though C2 solos own the ones on Crimson.

Secondly, me and a fellow buddy of mine, who are really into Dan's music were thinking it would be really cool to make a Swano tribute album, include songs from his various projects, and was wondering if anyone else has the talent to pull off a song to contribute to this. If you do, we could like start a thread where people can post their covers, and eventually, make a Dan Swano tribute album. Anyone interested in this idea, or should I forget it??

I'm interested. I can pull off the riffs, the bass, and to some degree the growl(he has more of a range) on a few songs I've tried, but my clean vocals suck compared to his and I would definitely need to find a drummer to back me. Plus, I can't get rid of buzz when I'm recording on my computer so it might not sound so great. We'll see.

Well, I think I could pull off most of the clean singing and the growling, and I can do pretty much any guitar work with practice, and we could just program the drums if we got this thing going. Im not a very experienced drum programmer, but Ive worked out a few "parts" of particular songs, so it shouldn't be too hard.

Also, Im not just talking about his death metal stuff, Id love to have a few Nightingale covers on this cd as well.

Wow, I wish I was around during that Nightingale cover compilation, but let me ask you guys, where do you guys find the tabs for this?? Or did most of you figure them out??

Well, that's awesome, but Id love to add in some of his death metal stuff as well, and actually put a CD together, and I can host it on my music site.

In regards to that Nightingale cover thing some of us did, I transcribed the song myself, obviously I can't speak for anyone else ;)
I also did a cover of 'When All Is Said" a year or two ago, I might re-host that if anyone's interested.
And I am gonna write some stuff for the 'vision' section that's missing from C2, though I'm getting Cakewalk software soon so I'm waiting until it arrives.

But yeah, I could crank out a cover of something of Dan's, another board project would be cool.