a question

Its your opinion. I could tell you X2N all day but it depends on what YOU like. Tell us what guitar its going in, what amp, and what style you play. If you wanna jam out some heavy metal then the X2N is the better.

Those pickups are complete opposites, if you think about it...SH-1 is a vintage model and the X2N is I guess "high output." So yeah, that is a tough question, it really depends on your style.

Iced In Flames said:
Its your opinion. I could tell you X2N all day but it depends on what YOU like. Tell us what guitar its going in, what amp, and what style you play. If you wanna jam out some heavy metal then the X2N is the better.
Well, I took it out and it turned out to be a mid '80's Duncan Distortion. This pickup is identical to the SH-1 '59 until you look at the back. The guitar is the Warmoth star in my avatar, the amp is a Bandit 112, and I play Heavy Metal. I put in the X2N and OMG!, I now have the "right sound". The actual sound I was looking for can be heard by listening to "Electric Eye" by Judas Priest. That Duncan made a sound more like "blitzkreig bop". Thanks folks, I did the right thing. :headbang: