Passive Pickups

Metal is Religion

Anti-Christ
Jun 8, 2002
Baltimore, Maryland USA
Visit site
so i have a ESP EX-102, i put a Dimebucker in the bridge position thinking that what i would use for leads and all. turns out using my neck pickup for leads gives it a more milky tone which i like a lot better. i was thinking of replacing the Dimebucker with a Dimarzio X2N and putting the dimebucker in the neck position, has anyone done this with a dimebucker? if so, how does it sound?

It's absolutely legal, but you will have to lower the pickup and lower the volume using a volume knob.
X2N has too much dirt, but at the same time it's gain is the highest for DiMarzios, you have to rely on your wood and check what type of humbucker do you need.
if you have a heavy wood, check out DiMarzio SuperDistortion (is what I have right now),
for a lighter wood, install DiMarzio Tone Zone (The cleanest distortion).

my EMG 707's on my C7 Hellraiser is what i use, and they are imo the best pickups i've used, i had some 85's on my LTD KH-602 and still sounded great, but the 707's on this C7 just gives a killer tone, i can sustain a note or pinch harmonic, go take a crap, maybe die a little inside, then come back and the note is still sustained ;)

Liverslapper said:
my EMG 707's on my C7 Hellraiser is what i use, and they are imo the best pickups i've used, i had some 85's on my LTD KH-602 and still sounded great, but the 707's on this C7 just gives a killer tone, i can sustain a note or pinch harmonic, go take a crap, maybe die a little inside, then come back and the note is still sustained ;)
Yeah that's great and all, but he said passive.

:loco: