Pickup recomendations?

Well, I just got some Bill Lawrence L-500 pickups and they sound amazing. I replaced my Jem Dimarzio bridge pickup. Is has a lot more definition than the dimarzio.

after posting on the duncan-forum I'm pretty much back to my original choice of Dimebucker/Jazz but I'll probably buy a Dimebucker to test it in one of my 2 guitars beforehand (the warlock needs a PU-swap anyway)

The EMG active pickups are sometimes labelled as being "sterile" because of their fairly flat frequency response, but I like both the 81 and 85. As far as the neck pick-up, it is not my job to ell you what configuration to choose, but please consider a single coil for the neck. I like the cheap all-parts (no particular brand) "strat" style single coil in that position. The ONLY reason I mentioned this was because you stated that you were interested in a jazz type pickup. Jazz players often accentuate the mids and lows. The "strat" type pickup is super sweet in the middle of the guitar range and is also great for clean picking stuff. High output pick-ups tend to distort easily if you use a reasonable amount of gain in your setup (evern without trying to use "distortion".) The lower output pickups have a tendency to have more noise, but for my personal taste, the trade-off of "super-clean: clean is worth it.

Bryant