Should I replace my pickups?

Kranholio

Alone in the Superunknown
Dec 12, 2004
South Australia
Ok, I have a Washburn DD3 Dimebolt and I was wondering if I should change the stock pickups, which are Washburn ones. I was thinking of getting a Dimebucker or two put in there. What do you think? Thoughts+suggestions welcome.

Dimebuckers are pretty nice, but they're mainly designed for the bridge position, they don't make both a neck and bridge, and there's also the Invader (SH-8) that comes in both positions. If you want a nice kickass vintage Dime tone (Like from Cowboys from Hell through Far Beyond Driven) get a pair of Vintage '59s (SH-1) and play through a Randall amp!!!

Glad to be of service to ya...Let me know how any of those work out ;)

I once played a guitar that had a Dimebucker in the bridge, and a 59 in the neck. That guitar had the widest tonal range I've ever heard. Super high, trebly output, in the bridge, and warm ,jazzy tone in the neck. It was awesome

Go for The DImbucker, I got a DImebucker Rail in my Explorer, Picks up pinch harmonics or any harmonics for that matter better than anything ive played. Great for tuneings lower than Standard D, Doesn't muffle or smudge the sound in any way.