A Question

Ragnarok'sProphet

New Metal Member
Oct 7, 2005
Don't be fooled by the fact that this is my first post. Amon Amarth...basically tied with Opeth, is and has been my favorite band for years. I was hooked with Once Sent From The Golden Hall. I visit the site often, but I'm really not that interested in Forums...they get repetative.

Anyways. I'm going to see Amon Amarth open for Children of Bodom and Trivium in NY. Yes it pisses me off that Amon Amarth isn't the main event...I could fucking care less about CoB or Trivium especially. So I am curious. Judgin from what they consistantly express through their pic of the week, the guys seem very open to fans, but since I've never before had the luck of going to a show, because i haven't had a car before, I can't be sure. SInce i don't care for the other two bands, it would absolutely make my night to be able to talk to the guys after they play their part. I don't care for autographs..i care about being able to tell them what their music has done for me, and to thank them. Those of you who have been to shows, Do AA usually make themselves accessable to the public afterwards?

BTW, if i get to see them, you may see me in pic of the week...I have Mjolnir on my forarm, and the Yggdrasil on my upper left arm..I designed it:)

oH ... We were not fooled, but it's kewl if you admit that you are a COB fan as well :D ... the AA fan always strikes twice. Anyways, AA guys are as accessible as beer in fridge ... so that should tell you something.
The pictures of week are just random Photoshop edits that the web designer likes to do.

I wouldn't mind meeting the band, just to thank them for their music. I don't want to beat their door down doing it, though. That, and it must be very exhausting playing a show and then having to pretend you're everybody's friend. I'm planning on seeing the show in Dallas, and have the same attitudes about the other two bands, but I probably won't attempt to bother them afterward. That's just me, though.

I'm going to see them in Philly with 15 other people that JUST want to see Amon Amarth. We're renting a bus to get there and will probably stock it up nice. I'd really like to tell them that they have so many dedicated fans over here and spend some time drinking with them or something. But I'd understand if they didn't want to, I mean they must be tired as hell. But at the least I'd just like to talk to them and show them that they have a strong fanbase over here (at least near me)

PaganBlood said:
demons and lies i hear you have to offer them yourself for at least a night. Maybe even an apple might entice them, hey you never know, you have to be able to at least play a 4 by 4 drum beat and play 3 chords on a banjo. I tried out but i was denied access

4/4 is the shit! easy and catchy! and i got some banjo skills. its all binga binga binga ping meedly ping meedly meedly meedly ping din dinnnnnnnnnnnn. and stuff. i dunno about the whole offering thing though.... how about i offer them someone else for the night.... or i just bring them some beer. i hear that usualy works. well ima go back to building my dragonship.... car...

DemonsAndLies666 said:
its all binga binga binga ping meedly ping meedly meedly meedly ping din dinnnnnnnnnnnn. and stuff.

Tindomerel said:
HAHAHAHAHA, I think I just died laughing. That was killer. :devil:

HAHAHAHA! Me too!

Everybody around me at work was thinking I just lost my mind. :D

It's even funnier when you say it out loud.

I'm goin to the same show in Toronto on November the 11th. It's gunna be awesome. Although I think Trivium should open for Amon Amarth and COB.

I didn't wanna take up another thread for a question..so I'll ask here. It's sorta a stupid question. The lead guitarist for Amon Amarth, is it Johan or Olavi?

i always thought it was olavi till i saw them live and they just switch out on alot of stuff. but i think johan did the death in fire solo if i remember. something. i think they just switch out alot.

and yeah, i am pretty funny.

I just re-watched the Amon Amarth Live at Ice Land..Olavi did the solo for Death in Fire..atleast I think so :zzz:

EDIT: i think you're right. They do go back and forth. I just watched "For the Stab Wounds in our Backs" and Johan was lead guitar.

In the death in Fire video Johan plays the solo.

In my eternal search for knowledge I questioned a mohammedan if their women are alowed to suck dick during fasting. He was upset I never got an answer. Yet I find this a legitimate question.

TheLastWithPaganBlood said:
In the death in Fire video Johan plays the solo.

In my eternal search for knowledge I questioned a mohammedan if their women are alowed to suck dick during fasting. He was upset I never got an answer. Yet I find this a legitimate question.

WTF!?!?!:D :loco:
But does anybody know the answer?

Ragnarok'sProphet said:
Those of you who have been to shows, Do AA usually make themselves accessable to the public afterwards?
I've been on that fucked up MMS festival in croatia (on which AA definitely saved the day), and speaked to guys after the show and got them to sign my T-shirt. Not only they are accesable, but extremly pleasant to speak with and showing a lot of care for fans.