How Is Amon Amarth the 'opener'

Anglorfin said:
My favorite are the Trivium fanboys that are like "Oh you AA fans are just jelous because Trivium accomplished way more and are way more popular" when they don't realize that in Europe they would all be sodomized because NOBODY has heard of Trivium.

Yea all the fuckign trivium fans are in their pre teens and those who aren’t are just immature little fags.

P.S To the guy who spent $500 – WOW… My next drinking night will be dedicated to you.

Thor_Arise said:
Yea I don’t think promoters are very bright people. I still cant see how Trivium is considered more popular than AA. In Toronto there where only about 5 Trivium fans (people who had Trivium shirts on). I think the promoters realized that Trivium sounds like Pantera and Slayer and because those bands have a huge fan base they assumed that Trivium must as well.

That's the biggest insult to both those bands I've ever heard. Ok I can admit that Trivium has a bunch of Metallica stle stuff but definately not slayer, and not pantera for that matter either.

At the Philly show they played RESPECT as a tribute to Dime. I thought it was pretty corny but what the hell it was their best song of the night anyway. To me it did sound like they were trying a whole helluva lot to be those "big bands" that everyone knows and loves. You know like "Hey guys look at us we like the same stuff you like" even though they play crap.

Kivenkantaja said:
Point is Trivium sucked balls, AA was friggen sweet, and COB was alright.

I was second from the barrier during AA in Vacouver, friggen insane.

Met Johan and talked to him for a while, was pretty sweet.

I spent about 500 bucks to see AA in Van... 500 bucks, CAD, for an opener.

Now that's dedication.

hahaha.

I think I probably met you outside the venue after the show.

I went to the show in NY yesterday, and I have to admit that I was originally there for Children of Bodom more than AA, but once Amon Amarth played yesterday, I was fucking blown away, I went and got one of their shirts while Trivium played, honestly I would have loved for Trivium to be executed and have AA play as much as Bodom.

The Bringer said:
As much as I am looknig forward to the new AA album, I would love to see them play live again before it's release.

I think it's a safe bet to say that next time they tour in the US they won't be the opening act.

Not that it matters this much but this is my AA experience:

Firstly, I got to see amon amarth in November I believe, I met the band and got my ticket signed (I apologize for bugging you guys while you were getting some food though! Thanks for the autograph and the handshakes)

Basically, everyone was stoked about AA. Noone was really there yet, maybe 300 people, but everyone that was there was into it so it didn' really matter.

Trivium came, I went to go sit around and avoid metalcore kiddies. I witnessed a mass exodus, nearly all the people who were upstairs for the AA set were leaving. I'm dead serious, I saw over 100 people walk out. I asked some of them before they left and basically got "Already saw the band I came to see"

Now, I don't mind people walking out on trivium or bodom (I left 20 minutes into bodom, I didn't even watch trivium.) but I do mind promoters wasting people's money. I'd pay $20 to see AA and have them play a longer set, Hell, I paid my $20 just to see amon-fucking-amarth. But damn.

They rocked my face, though.

An I gave those bodom kiddies a roughing up, chanting their candyassed 'bodom! bodom! bodom!' To which I reply "Screw you pussies, Amon Amarth!"

I guess everyone thought it was funny :)

this is somewhat of an opinionated question, but it is Bodom's tour ...and i think it should just be Bodom and Amon Amarth's tour and they should both play 2 hours

that would be fuckin bomb

Alright.

I "like' Trivium for 2 things, some of their melodic lines, and second that they could break out at such an early age. But it is the massive 'metalcore' uprising in the states that fules this. Their next album....no, their DVD will ruin alot of it for the fans. Ive seen some of it already, and they arent very good live at all.

As for CoB, I have liked them sice "Somthing Wild" came out. Alexi, as much of an arrogant prick he is, he IS an icredible guitar player. And has gotten tons of recognition for it, despite being a "metal" guitarist.

I never even heard of AA until that show with trivium and CoB. *shame*

But ever since, AA have been on all my playslists, and in my CD player.
FUCKING KILLER!

This topic is still here?.. Amazing. This was my only post (and it will probably stay that way) until AA comes back to North America. I believe this post is still here because it unites us in our hate for Trivium, and our love for AA.

P.S. The point I was making earlier about promoters being retarded just got proven. Here is who COB is touring with again shortly in North America: CHIMAIRA (more metalcore then Trivium) / GOD FORBID (omfg… emo metalcore). So to all COB fans out there: have fun at the next show…

Thor_Arise said:
This topic is still here?.. Amazing. This was my only post (and it will probably stay that way) until AA comes back to North America. I believe this post is still here because it unites us in our hate for Trivium, and our love for AA.

P.S. The point I was making earlier about promoters being retarded just got proven. Here is who COB is touring with again shortly in North America: CHIMAIRA (more metalcore then Trivium) / GOD FORBID (omfg… emo metalcore). So to all COB fans out there: have fun at the next show…

thank goodness I can't stand COB so I don't have to worry about dealing with the other shit music on that tour, amen

RdK05 said:
Alright.

I never even heard of AA until that show with trivium and CoB. *shame*

But ever since, AA have been on all my playslists, and in my CD player.
FUCKING KILLER!

Well, fucking BINGO! THAT is why AA became the opener on this tour./T