A Quick song for ze lady!

AgeOfGeburah

Jun 3, 2009
Enköping, Sweden
Yepp I went full out metal and made a what? Love song....
Well hopefully it gets me laid atleast. Dignity vs Bang is ok!

Anyways, the singing are to high for my taste but It sounded so wierd when it was lower.

https://files.getdropbox.com/u/1520413/Sjanni.mp3

I'll post the lyrics for more embaressment!
Everything done in about 3-4 hours or so.

https://files.getdropbox.com/u/1520413/Sjanni.mp3

-LYRICS-
The memories that haunted my mind are gone, lost, forever
Appearing to me, a long lost dream.
Could this be true?
The dream is you!

I'm the sleeper you woke up that day.
My life will never be the same

I'm the dreamer that dreamed myself away
You’re the light that made it all come true

I've gambled with fear
I've gambled with pain
This time it's not the same
Can you see that it's true?
I'm right next to you
I'll never leave you

I'll share my future with you
I know we will make it through
I've never ignored my feelings for you
I can't ignore what I feel inside

Rushing on to a future that's bright
Carrying on with our love in sight

Share your pain with me!
Share your love with me!

My racing heart tells a story of pain
Inside, my racing heart tells a story of future with you!

Sjanni!
I love you!
From deepest parts of my soul forever!

Sjanni!
You're my everything,
my world, my life,
The air that I breathe!

Sjanni!
My dream! My hope! My love is yours!

Now the story's been told, for all the world to see
I hope that you know what I feel when I say I love you!

Have mercy with the comments now, I'm not a singer :) :worship:

I won't comment on the sonics but

a) I hope your girl is into metal/growling
b) get a singer for the clean parts - it sounds really ... bored?!
c) Lyrics are fine for what it is, you may want to think about a chorus though?
d) the fact that you write "a quick song" and "everything done in 3-4h" really makes one doubt the sincerity. Don't tell your girl that you wrote it between the morning shit and going to work :)

I am usually all for ballads and love songs, but you really have to make sure that they are well done. Otherwise your track will be played to the next boyfriend after you with the comment "Haha, listen to this shit! I had to pretend I liked it, cause at that time I really liked the guy!" - this has happened to me 4 times (!!!) already. Luckily I was always the next boyfriend :D

I'd redo it, if I were you ...

She's into growling and really crappy productions :) aka she's a Black Metal chick, she's from Norway I guess its in the blood XD

Anyway's the reason for the quick song thing is that I know she's had a tough time back home this week. So therefore I did something to cheer her up, wasn't going to do 2 week production on it.
You wouldn't doubt the sincerity if I get another singer? XD I'm not gonna get someone else to sing a lovesong.
I was going for chorus style at first but it sounded so repetative, so went poem style.

Guitar chain SoloC->8505->Kefir->C4->Spectralive NXT might have some EQing aswell

She's into growling and really crappy productions :) aka she's a Black Metal chick, she's from Norway I guess its in the blood XD

Anyway's the reason for the quick song thing is that I know she's had a tough time back home this week. So therefore I did something to cheer her up, wasn't going to do 2 week production on it.
You wouldn't doubt the sincerity if I get another singer? XD I'm not gonna get someone else to sing a lovesong.
I was going for chorus style at first but it sounded so repetative, so went poem style.

Guitar chain SoloC->8505->Kefir->C4->Spectralive NXT might have some EQing aswell

Ah, black metal chick. Nah, then you are totally fine!

I work with studio singers on a regular basis and I write for other people on a regular basis, so I am used to other people singing tracks. That's why I wouldn't doubt the sincerity. Although you do have a point there. It's just that your clean vocals are really pretty bad (they are okay for a non-singer, but in comparison to a real singer ...) :/

Haha yeah I'm sorry bout the clean :) Awaiting surgery bacause I have problems with clarity even with speech now after I was sick this last time. Everyone in the famili + relatives and so on have had the surgery sooner or later. Well well I can do some growl meanwhile I guess :)

And I am a non-singer :)