A sample from my latest recording (SoloC, Wagner, JCM900 etc.)

88mph

manbearpig
Sep 26, 2008
Right now I'm recording a young band. We have finished some of the songs. Drums are AD for now. Soon, we'll record the real drums. Here's a short sample of a rough mix I did a few minutes ago.

Guitars are quad tracked.
Left: JCM900+SoloC
Right: JCM900 + Wagner Mk2

Clean: Fender Twin

Impulse is ThisOne.wav

Hope you dig it. All comments are welcomed:)

https://dl.getdropbox.com/u/819470/theblamesample.mp3

Listened at a very low volume due to the fact that's it's 2 AM here, but I think this should work! I'm sorry I can't give any specific details but still... update the thread when you get real drums etc :)

I do love the guitar tone. Personally I would like a little more low end grit and woof to the guitars. Bottom of the bass I like, i dont like the attack of the bass though. Even though you are doing real drums I actually like your drums just the snare could use some work seems to get lost and the Kick seems a little overbearing and boomy. But otherwise sounds pro to me awesome mix, awesome energy!
are u using JCM900 vst plug or the actual head? and have to ask care to share your settings and chain for the guitars?

Anything for the good people here:)

gtrchainresize.jpg

I checked the mix this morning and you're right, there's a loud bass attack. I'll put some nice comp when I'm back.
For the drums (snare etc), I didn't want work on it so much since we're gonna get real drums soon:) But thanks for your advices.

Btw, Vintage Warmer is on Bus Track.
GTR L1 : %100 L
GTR L2: %80 L
GTR R1: %100 R
GTR R2: %80R

All blended on the same volume level.