A semi-serious thread about my life

I was smoking a little over a quarter of kind bud per week by myself for a couple years straight up until maybe a year and a couple months ago. That was about 80-90/week. When I think back, I am pissed at all the money I fucking threw away. On top of it all, I was buying about 10 cd's every week. :tickled: That was when I was living in an apartment of a house my uncle owns with cheap rent. Then I bought a house, and made the decision to cut back and now go on stints where I'll smoke everyday for a bout a week, then not smoke for a month or two. At first, I experienced some anxiety and definitely had problems going to sleep but it subsided after the first week. Nothing huge or terrible. Good luck man, and wise decision. There's nothing wrong with escapism but too much of ANYTHING is a bad idea. Moderation is KEY. Sticking to weekends sounds great. You'll also find that you'll enjoy it a fuckload more and feel a lot higher. ;)

Good luck.

NADatar said:
I don't know why I feel like going on an anti-drug semi-rant, but here goes:

I don't know how people can stand being intoxicated on a constant basis. I've known potheads are ALWAYS high and while yes, you can function in life like this, why would you want to? To me it's like eating nothing but Snickers for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Spoils the whole fun.

Here's how it breaks down, NAD, and I know you understand this kind of thing:

You don't have to understand the reasons it works for others to acknowledge that it does work for them and that the experience is different for them than it is for you. Also, different kinds of weed are going to impair one's abilities to different degrees. Also also, once you start doing it CONSTANTLY it doesn't really work on you in the same way, and becomes more manageable.

I don't know that I actually would ever WANT to be high all the time. It just seemed to work out like that. Once the habit was formed, it just seemed like the natural thing to do. And yes, it was enjoyable. I learned from it, and don't regret it.

edit: to clarify, this "only on weekends" thing expires the VERY FUCKING SECOND i finish my last exam in april. and to be honest, i don't believe that forcing yourself to adhere to a self-imposed system that makes life extremely difficult is a good idea, so if i go nuts without it, i'll rethink the plan.

Demilich said:
Here's how it breaks down, NAD, and I know you understand this kind of thing:

You don't have to understand the reasons it works for others to acknowledge that it does work for them and that the experience is different for them than it is for you. Also, different kinds of weed are going to impair one's abilities to different degrees. Also also, once you start doing it CONSTANTLY it doesn't really work on you in the same way, and becomes more manageable.

I don't know that I actually would ever WANT to be high all the time. It just seemed to work out like that. Once the habit was formed, it just seemed like the natural thing to do. And yes, it was enjoyable. I learned from it, and don't regret it.

edit: to clarify, this "only on weekends" thing expires the VERY FUCKING SECOND i finish my last exam in april. and to be honest, i don't believe that forcing yourself to adhere to a self-imposed system that makes life extremely difficult is a good idea, so if i go nuts without it, i'll rethink the plan.
I figured you'd be able to explain it to me perfectly, cheers. :D

I'm one of those dudes that doesn't want to be a slave to anything. I mean even when I'm a smoker, if I smoke every day (which is rare) I don't smoke all day, it's kept strictly at night after work. I'm so whacked out if I wear pants for too many days in a row, I feel dirty and have to run around naked for a day or two. :loco:

o_O Well that was fun while it lasted!

I'm kinda fine being a slave to this because I know it's all physiological. I'm 100% confident I can stop when it becomes a serious enough problem. The fact that that's such a cliche doesn't really change that either for some reason.

bottomm line all drugs are used to cover up other shit you should be delaing with ... we are all guilty of it .. booze and all ... figure that out ... and you can save a bundle :loco:

Demilich said:
o_O Well that was fun while it lasted!

I'm kinda fine being a slave to this because I know it's all physiological. I'm 100% confident I can stop when it becomes a serious enough problem. The fact that that's such a cliche doesn't really change that either for some reason.

spoken like a true addict :loco:

circus_brimstone said:
So you're a slave to not being a slave then. :tickled:
Zing!

Although seriously, that's why I just let go from time to time, to avoid just that. [/making this up as I go along] :dopey: