A SOUND OF THUNDER World Premier of MURDEROUS HORDE!

Thanks!!

To anyone in the area, we were just offered a gig at the State Theatre in Falls Church on April 26th to open for.. wait for it... Battery, the Metallica tribute band. XD

Whoa. I read an article that Guitar World did on these guys back in like 1996. If they're still at it, they are nothing if not devoted. I probably would've seen them if they came by me but they never have, at least that I know about.

I just bought the new ASOT album yesterday, will listen today!

Whoa. I read an article that Guitar World did on these guys back in like 1996. If they're still at it, they are nothing if not devoted.

I was talking to Josh about the mindset behind being in a tribute band. I wonder what it must be like to wait for the band you're tributing to come out with new material? Do tribute bands write original music in their off time? Or do they simply perfect the material they've already got? I imagine that since these guys have been doing this for so long, they MUST be good becase they MUST love what they're doing!

I just bought the new ASOT album yesterday, will listen today!

Thanks so much! I hope you enjoy it! Please give us any feedback you have, we love to hear it. :)

I was talking to Josh about the mindset behind being in a tribute band. I wonder what it must be like to wait for the band you're tributing to come out with new material? Do tribute bands write original music in their off time? Or do they simply perfect the material they've already got? I imagine that since these guys have been doing this for so long, they MUST be good becase they MUST love what they're doing!

As an aside, think about a band like "The Regan Years", a local 80s cover band that has been around for over a decade. Their job is to play the same group of songs, over and over again.

I was talking to Josh about the mindset behind being in a tribute band. I wonder what it must be like to wait for the band you're tributing to come out with new material? Do tribute bands write original music in their off time? Or do they simply perfect the material they've already got? I imagine that since these guys have been doing this for so long, they MUST be good becase they MUST love what they're doing!QUOTE]

Chuck Klosterman did a great essay on this topic in (I believe) Sex, Drugs and Cocoa Puffs.

DC Heavy Metal uploaded this video recently, so here's sort of a preview of what we look like on stage. :D Hope a few of you can make it to see us on the tour!

Last edited by a moderator:
Very good! Great music with cool riffs and kind of an exotic style solo and excellent vocals very melodic and heavy as well. Everything sounds good, also really well made music video which should be admired in an age with so many HORRIBLE metal videos out there. This one is very nicely filmed and the black and white works great and everyone looks cool in their scenes, very comfortable behind the camera. Awesome job!

I have to admit that a lot of female fronted group don't do a lot for me, but Sound of Thunder just absolutely smokes. Natural high octane female vocals without the operatic histrionics work well for me. Also, the guitarist kicks butt and even sounds a bit like Mr. Blackmore during some solos. How can you go wrong?????? Definite going to score new the top end of my 2012 list.:Spin: