A Sound of Thunder Announces New Album and EP

DuchessOfDork

Feb 9, 2009
Hey guys! We've finally put our press release out to announce the new album AND a new limited edition EP, and I wanted to share it with you! :D You can visit our KickStarter page for more info, including a video that has some audio clips and studio footage from the new album and EP!

Press Release thingie:

Washington, DC-based heavy metallers A SOUND OF THUNDER have begun work on their third full-length album entitled Time's Arrow. The band has entered Assembly Line Studios with producer Kevin "131" Gutierrez (Shinedown, While Heaven Wept, Raven). With the same band line-up, producer and studio that created 2012's acclaimed Out of the Darkness (Nightmare Records), Time's Arrow features 11 new songs combining rousing and catchy traditional metal with crushing modern production. Time's Arrow will release in early 2013.

The centerpiece of the album is the 9-minute sci-fi themed title track. Guitarist and composer Josh Schwartz describes the track as "a high octane headbanger with an unforgettable riff and an engaging story. Stylistically it's Iron Maiden meets Rush with a bit of Meatloaf thrown in for bombast." The tale begun in the lyrics is expanded in a short story by drummer Chris Haren, available in the limited box set edition of Time's Arrow.

On August 20, 2012 A Sound of Thunder started a Kickstarter.com fundraiser campaign for the recording of Time's Arrow. The campaign will run for 30 days and offers fans a chance to pre-order the album, have their name printed in the album booklet, reserve an ultra-limited box set edition of the album, and acquire unique and rare items from the band. Video at the band's Kickstarter page contains the first clips from the new album. The Kickstarter campaign can be found here:

A SOUND OF THUNDER's new album TIME'S ARROW

The band has also announced a second new release, the Queen of Hell EP, due out in November. Also recorded at Assembly Line Studios with producer Kevin "131" Gutierrez, the Queen of Hell EP contains four new tracks and is only available via the band's Kickstarter campaign.

8195818c.jpg

The cover art for Queen of Hell can be seen above. "We've always wanted to do an homage to classic swords & sorcery themed metal album covers," says lead vocalist Nina Osegueda. "As you can see, we've gone horns up with the Queen of Hell art...I finally have the throne of skulls I've always wanted!" The cover art was provided by Serbian artist Dušan Marković.

"The Queen of Hell" track-listing:
  1. The Queen of Hell (album version)
  2. The Queen of Hell (Two Queens Mix with Veronica Freeman of BENEDICTUM)
  3. Trashed (Black Sabbath cover)
  4. Let's Start a Fire

Includes:
  • Red vinyl
  • Download card included
  • 12" full color sleeve
  • 2 new paintings by Dusan Markovic
  • Exclusive "Legion of Thunder - The Queen's Guard" embroidered patch
  • Limited to 250 copies worldwide

"The Queen of Hell" is available exclusively as a reward for donors to the band's Kickstarter campaign.

Thanks, guys! Here's the back of the (big shiny red vinyl!) EP. We decided to go a little "Manowar" on this one because god knows I need to get my way at least once!

69380b5a.jpg

Ha! Good idea!

By the way, for those of you who want Trashed, we're only printing 250 of these vinyl EPs, so you might wanna nab up one while you can! They do come with a digital download card, if you don't have a record player. Three songs on the EP will not be available on the album, so it's super spiffy ultra rare. :D

Strangely enough, Kevin (producer guy) and Josh bonded over that album, so they decided we had to cover a song from it. Personally, I'm 100% okay with singing a song about drinking. XD

It just gets tiring to hear bands doing the same Sabbath songs that are done to death. I have heard several covers of this song and it is not those most original one to choose still it's not 'Paranoid'.
And way to go on selling an image of a sexy woman on that cover; scantily clad, woman with power, it's all sexy....Now isn't pimping great? HAHA

Wow...and I thought I got obnoxious after a few beers...

It's one thing to piss all over a thread...it's quite another to take a big, steaming dump on it's chest. Classy move there, J.

Kudos to A Sound Of Thunder for defending the faith.

Rock on!

Wow...and I thought I got obnoxious after a few beers...

It's one thing to piss all over a thread...it's quite another to take a big, steaming dump on it's chest. Classy move there, J.

Kudos to A Sound Of Thunder for defending the faith.

Rock on!

It was a joke, well maybe a bad joke I guess so my apologies to who it offended.
I thought HAHAs were suppose to indicate that.:rolleyes:
And I wasn't knocking the choice of Sabbath cover tune; perhaps I should have been more clear in saying that those "tiring" Sabbath covers are those tracks that are overdone like 'Paranoid', 'War Pigs' etc, don't think 'Trashed' is in anyway as overdone as those others. So props for choosing a song like that and not a Ozzy or Dio track.

Thanks so much!! I noticed we got a bit of traffic from this website, so thank you to everyone who's pitched in! :D