A Sound of Thunder launches KickStarter for New Album

DuchessOfDork

Feb 9, 2009
Hey guys, Nina here!

We're hard at work on the new album, The Lesser Key of Solomon, so we've launched a KickStarter campaign to finish it! Lots of cool rewards (t-shirts, executive producer credit, hockey jersey, pint glass, ect.) are offered, plus opportunities to BE in the album (gang vocals!), so if you're into our shennanigans I hope you'll consider throwing a few bucks at the project!

Link!

Along with the album, we're gonna also have art to go along with each of the songs in a book that you can get through the KickStarter. Here's a preview of what's to come!

fcdt.jpg

You had me at Pint Glass!!

Good timing - I had just listened to the Queen of Hell e.p. for the umpteenth time today (love that Trashed cover) at work, then I get home and find your email about the new campaign, so needless to say I jumped all over it - lot of cool/unique things on offer this time around!!

Looks like you guys are off to a great start, good luck!!

Seriously though, can't wait to put that pint glass to use (while cranking the CD)!!

I'd enjoy an ASOT covers album targeting 80s metal only. Or, maybe just Sabbath. It's Alright, Computer God, Valhalla etc But in their own style.
As previously stated, Trashed was quite good and could easily belong on one of those NIB alums from the 90s.

Very tempted to use Kickstarter for the first time.

Very tempted to use Kickstarter for the first time.

Ha! Please do, every little bit helps. Even if it's just for the digital download, we've got a pretty big goal and need all the help we can get!

Especially if we wanna hit that stretch goal and do Pleasure Slave, which is basically my dream.

Also, not to push the idea of using credit at anyone, BUT if there's something you really really want and don't have the money right now, PayPal offers a "bill me later" service that allows you to use payments. So yeah, if you REALLY want us to do Chinese Food or My Jeans... there ya go.

Looks like you guys are going at a healthy pace! I'll throw down when I have two pennies to rub together.

EDIT: That video is awesome, lol.

Thanks to some awesome contributions, we hit both our goal AND the first stretch goal in a week! Finally! I get to cover not just a MANOWAR song, but the most ridiculous one!

Last edited by a moderator:
So thanks to all our fans (including a few of your guys here, thank you!!), we're less than a thousand bucks to our next stretch goal; a West Coast tour!

Unfortunately, we didn't plan on making it past $15k, and the KickStarter has 20 days left... so we're not sure what to do. Do you guys have any ideas on what we could do as our next stretch goal?

Unfortunately, we didn't plan on making it past $15k, and the KickStarter has 20 days left... so we're not sure what to do. Do you guys have any ideas on what we could do as our next stretch goal?

Save the extra for whenever you have an opportunity to do a tour supporting a true headliner. You'll need every dime.

Are you releasing the album independently, or through a label?