A Sound of Thunder Announces New Album and EP

As I *may* be moving to the DC area. . . was looking for some metal scene & found ASOT. Awesome tunes - looking forward to the new album -but still enjoying OOTD!

Thanks for making great music. :)

Crying-meme_thumb.png

Thank you for enjoying it!

So here's a preview of the new single, Queen of Hell! Hope ya like!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynmQMCNG3EI&feature[/ame]

BENEDICTUM Vocalist To Guest On New A SOUND OF THUNDER EP

Washington, D.C.-based heavy metallers A SOUND OF THUNDER are now offering their new EP, "Queen Of Hell", exclusively through Kickstarter.com. The EP serves as a follow-up to the 2012 studio album, "Out Of The Darkness", and teaser for the band's next studio CD, "Time's Arrow", due in spring 2013.

"Queen Of Hell" was produced by Kevin "131" Gutierrez (SHINEDOWN, WHILE HEAVEN WEPT, DECEASED) at Assembly Line Studios in Virginia. A SOUND OF THUNDER guitarist Josh Schwartz states, "We had too much great material for our next album and weren't willing to shelve it, so the EP was a no-brainer. It gives us a great reward to offer the fans who support our fundraising campaign for the next album, and reduces the wait time for new music from the band."

A preview of the new release is available below.

BENEDICTUM vocalist Veronica Freeman makes an appearance on the "Queen Of Hell" EP, performing a duet with A SOUND OF THUNDER vocalist Nina Osegueda on the title track.

"Veronica is a real metal monster of a vocalist, and has the power and presence to deliver this kind of classic metal," said Schwartz. "She is a true queen of metal and together with Nina, your speakers might just explode!" .

Freeman commented: "Sometimes I get asked to do a special project and I have to give it a bit of thought, but with Nina, having performed with her on stage before and knowing how she can 'bring it,' I knew it was not only going to be a lot of fun, but that it would be some kick-ass music to work with. It was a real honor to be asked to work with her and A SOUND OF THUNDER. Hmmmmm, hope to do something more in the future... you never know!!"

Freeman commented: "Sometimes I get asked to do a special project and I have to give it a bit of thought, but with Nina, having performed with her on stage before and knowing how she can 'bring it,' I knew it was not only going to be a lot of fun, but that it would be some kick-ass music to work with.
:D Reading this just made my night!

FotV - Bringing kick-ass metal women together since 2007! :Shedevil:

Nina, I cannot tell you and the guys how stoked I am to hear this whole EP! And I agree with Jasonic, way to keep the momentum going!

Thanks, guys! Here's the back of the (big shiny red vinyl!) EP. We decided to go a little "Manowar" on this one because god knows I need to get my way at least once!

69380b5a.jpg
Oh, and I love the artwork, both front and back!
It looks like you all get your own killer metal caricature (for lack of a better term) on this cover. The back, I'm guessing from left to right: Chris, Jesse and Josh? :p

Your future pledge is very much appreciated!! :headbang:

Done and dusted!!

I've done this type of thing w/ a few other bands/artists too, and it's a pretty cool thing - directly supporting music that may not otherwise get out.

The first time, and only one that has reached completion so far, for a British artist (Ginger, of The Wildhearts) ended up being a huge success, hope yours does well too (love the last album).

The first time, and only one that has reached completion so far, for a British artist (Ginger, of The Wildhearts) ended up being a huge success, hope yours does well too (love the last album).

Thank you SO MUCH!! I hope it's successful, too. I must say, the amount of support we've gotten already has been very reassuring. There is hope yet for folks like us!

Update!

BLAZE BAYLEY To Guest On New A SOUND OF THUNDER Album

Washington, D.C.-based heavy metallers A SOUND OF THUNDER have entered Assembly Line Studios in Virginia with producer Kevin "131" Gutierrez (SHINEDOWN, WHILE HEAVEN WEPT, DECEASED) to begin recording their third full-length album, "Time's Arrow". Due in early 2013, the CD will feature 11 new songs combining rousing and catchy traditional metal with crushing modern production.

"Time's Arrow" will feature a guest appearance by Blaze Bayley (IRON MAIDEN, WOLFSBANE), who will perform a duet with A SOUND OF THUNDER vocalist Nina Osegueda in the track "My Disease".

"Blaze is a legendary figure in the history of metal, but more importantly he brings incredible power, passion and sincerity to his performances, and that's exactly what we needed on this song," said A SOUND OF THUNDER guitarist Josh Schwartz. "Musically it has little in common with MAIDEN, and sounds more like a cross between BLACK SABBATH and Blaze's first few solo albums... and, of course, A SOUND OF THUNDER."

Commented Bayley: "It has been a real pleasure to work on this song. Filled with passion and intensity, it has an edge. I wish A SOUND OF THUNDER the very best of luck with their project, but with a song this good, I don't think they will need luck."

On August 20, A SOUND OF THUNDER started a Kickstarter.com fundraiser campaign for the recording of "Time's Arrow". The campaign will run for 30 days and offers fans a chance to pre-order the album, have their name printed in the album booklet, reserve an ultra-limited box set edition of the album, and acquire unique and rare items from the band.

A SOUND OF THUNDER will release the "Queen Of Hell" EP in November. Also recorded at Assembly Line Studios with Gutierrez, the effort contains four new tracks and is only available via the band's Kickstarter.com campaign.

A SOUND OF THUNDER is offering its "Queen Of Hell" EP exclusively through Kickstarter.com. The EP serves as a follow-up to the 2012 studio album, "Out Of The Darkness", and teaser for the band's next studio CD, "Time's Arrow", due in spring 2013.

The cover art for "Queen Of Hell" was created by Serbian artist Dušan Markovic and can be seen below.

"We've always wanted to do an homage to the classic fantasy and swords & sorcery themed metal album covers," says Osegueda. "As you can see, we've gone all horns up with the 'Queen Of Hell' art... I finally have the throne of skulls I've always wanted!"

That is awesome. I'm in. Pledge has been pledged. So out of curiosity, perhaps you can IM me off thread...but what happens if the kickstarter doesn't meet its goal? This is the first one I've ever pledged to, so I'm curious how it works. or at least will work for you. Thanks.

That is awesome. I'm in. Pledge has been pledged. So out of curiosity, perhaps you can IM me off thread...but what happens if the kickstarter doesn't meet its goal? This is the first one I've ever pledged to, so I'm curious how it works. or at least will work for you. Thanks.

Well I'd like to let everyone know that we will definitely make the goal. We've got a few high contributions coming that should push us over the edge, but they people who are going to make them need to wait a bit longer.

Thanks so much for contributing, we promise that everyone will get what they pledged for!