A taste of extreme divinity || New album

but classical hypocrisy is not melo death imo.
look at stuff like in flames, that are (not worthy) called melodeath. completely different to hypocrisy.
but good melodeath stuff like dark tranquillity (but rather stuff like the gallery, too) is really different to hypocrisy, too.
so id say hypocrisy is death metal, but sometimes a bit more melodic, but not that much, as u could call it melodeath :)

I agree, a bit more heavy melodeath.

I will slay without mercy the next person who will dare put Hypocrisy and inflames in the same post

:p

no really shadoweagle makes sense, besides I hate to refer to Hypocrisy as melodic death metal..yuck, more like blackened death metal to me

I've never heard Tägtgren's blackmetal Abyss-project. What is it like?

Ultra high speed black metal! Too bad it was laid to rest! Tjanere Af Besten! :Smokin:

Hypocrisy is definitely more death metal than melodic death but it's more melodic than standard death metal so I'd call it death metal with melodic (death metal) influences. As we know Hypocrisy's first 3 albums are pure death metal but after that their their albums are more or less melodic. I guess you could say that Hypocrisy is melodic death metal but ppl should also note that they aren't Gothenburg melodic death which was influenced by At The Gates. Hypocrisy's influences are pure death metal bands and Peter has added some melodic elements to it without losing heaviness and brutality.

Btw, I think that in couple of weeks journalists are gonna get the album promos but I doubt there's gonna be any leak. NB is using digital promos and those rarely leak so chances that ATOED would leak are rather slim but of course it's not impossible.

melodic deathmetal, in my opinion that's the following bands:

early in flames
early amon amarth
at the gates
late ceremonial oath
a canorous quintet
early dark tranquillity
gates of ishtar

I don't really like all that "new melodic death" :p

but I doubt there's gonna be any leak. NB is using digital promos and those rarely leak

That is a good thing! And more praise to Nuclear Blast for trying harder than anybody else to keep a tight lid on promos!

Although I would be very happy to get a physical promo to keep as a collectors item!
:D

Btw, I think that in couple of weeks journalists are gonna get the album promos but I doubt there's gonna be any leak. NB is using digital promos and those rarely leak so chances that ATOED would leak are rather slim but of course it's not impossible.

Amorphis' new album didn't leak at all, until they streamed the full album on their Myspace (which of course is shit quality!). I wonder if this album will be streamed for full on Myspace. :err:

Amorphis' new album didn't leak at all, until they streamed the full album on their Myspace (which of course is shit quality!). I wonder if this album will be streamed for full on Myspace. :err:
Well, NB doesn't stream all their albums in Myspace so we can't be sure. If the album leaks then they will stream it and if it doesn't they may not stream it. I wonder why, maybe it has something to do with the quality of the album. If it isn't that good they won't risk the sales would decrease by allowing people to hear it in advance. Or maybe if the band hasn't fully established it's status then they won't risk that general audience would listen to it once or twice and then would forget it. So it's 50-50 whether NB will stream it or not.

But the new Behemoth leaked.
Exception and it could have been a Metal Blade's (Behemoth's American label) promo.

hey "shadow"
o_O
think you'll be able to keep this up all the way until the album is released? ? :lol:

I sure as hell hope you keep this up. Don't make me start counting.

:err: Oh no! I don't think we need two counters on this board! Might get an anxiety attack! :D

:zombie: Like all of you, I can't wait for this album to drop! :wave: