a Tor with horns?

Hey Patric, you still want to learn German? I never saw somebody who learns this fucking language voluntary:D
Russian is not so nice - i can tell you 'cause this is my second foreign language at school and i learn it for 2.5 years now. Damn hard to learn. The grammar is mostly pure shit, but it sounds nice if you speak:)
Is Swedish difficult?

I'm starting my German lessons next week. It's cause I'll be hanging out in Germany much in the future, with my band touring and going to Wacken to party etc. Swedish isn't that hard, like Norwegian it's got a more clearer sound than Danish.

Originally posted by Patric
I'm taking German lessons soon (eine heffeweissen, bitte!) soon. But damn, I'd like to learn Russian, Polish or some real metal-as-fukk language like Icelandic or old norse. And if I REALLY wanted to cut my head in two, perhaps Finnish which I hear is impossible to learn.

We've been doing some old norse in school, its not very hard, has alot om similarities with German in the grammar department.
And like Latin its almost the same what order you put the words in, like: "knif mikin", which means "big knife" where "knif" means knife and "mikin" means big.

But whats really interessting is "Futark", the elder runes :)

You'd probably not know of my band as we formed mere months ago. But we're working on a well-respected reputation in the Swedish underground and things looks promising. No homepage yet, but once we've polished our 4-5 songs I could send you mp3's if you'd like? We like to call our music "Nordic Death metal" but if you want to compare us to some bands, it would be Amon Amarth plus some harder tunes like those of Centinex.

yeah, i'm interested, too. icq: 113519175 . also if you need any help with doing a website whenever you decide to i'd be happy to help.

i've been trying thinking baout whether i should start learn learning swedish or german next year. my impression is that german is more wideley used throughout northwestern europe but hard to learn

i can usually understand latin if the phrase isn't too complicated because i know english and spanish, and since spanish is a romantic language the two have many similarities. for example, im relation to aggressor's sig, 'libre' means free and 'furor' means fury, while 'nosotros' means 'we' and 'nos' is a pronoun for 'we'

I would say German is more widely used, because of all the stupid Germans who dont want to speak English :p

No, but seriously if you lears Swedish you'll be able to make yourself understood, in at least Norway, Sweden, Finland and Denmark, probably Iceland too.

THX Aggressor.
Am I stupid too, 'cause I'm from this country? :)
Okay, you're right. English is not a standard in Germany, and I'm sure, you notice that 'cause my English is not so good I think.
German is really widely spoken, even in Denmark, Sweden and Norway. At least you'll have no problems to be understood if you go to a tourist region.
But I noticed that the most people don't like it to speak that language, so use English or their mother tongue:)

Jo, German is not easy...:D
Even we don't use the cases in the right way:)
And the dialects are very different from region to region. So don't wonder if you don't understand anything. Its normal.

I dunno, are you planning on going to Europe a lot? 'Cause then I'd recommend German as you have to either have German or French at the schools here. People WILL understand your Swedish in other countries but it's not as easy as you think. We've got a lot of oral differences, it's almost impossible to hear what a Dane says cause it's so goddamn guttural. Like my Southern Swedish, that's also a task for many other Swedes to understand.

Thanks for the interest in my band, guys. We're jamming as hell right now so I could send some new clips shortly.

German is a pain to learn. Its grammar is a real bitch. That and their local accents just piss me off. I've lived in Cologne for few months and got used to their accent, but couldnt understand crap from what people in Hamburg or Munich were saying. Although if you master it, its quite rewarding, because its an awesome language.

Aggressor, I took it as a joke or would somebody put a smiley behind his message if he hates you for that???:D

Jo Ishtar, German grammar must be a damn shit for foreigners.
But you took 2 extremes, Munich and Hamburg.
Munich lies in Bavaria in the south, Hamburg in the north and even both parties wouldn't understand each other if they talk in their dialect:)