A very special Maidens show at second wind......

CCshred

maidens guitar
Jan 5, 2009
Moorpark
Come out to santee on sept. 18th at second wind! You will not be disappointed

A friend of Linda's and I might come sit in. You might have heard of him....

We shall see huh..! :kickass:

Second Wind
8528 North Magnolia Avenue
Santee, CA 92071-4692
(619) 596-8350

Last edited by a moderator:
he is one of those drummers you cant take your eyes off of.. me and linda saw him at Mi with billy sheehan and greg howe.... and me being the string player, i just couldnt help but be fully concentrate on the drums.... amazing.

Sorry but I couldn't listen more than 30 seconds. He's the drum equivalent of a guitar noodler like Yngwie. He hits a lot of stuff real fast but it's tuneless, without rhythm, groove, or swing. It's the equivalent of leaving a drumkit outside in a hailstorm.

But hey, so long as he plays Nicko/Clive's parts properly, then he's doing his job.

this guy has played with everyone.... this is the classic scarified vid with marco on drums! yay!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes it was very special with guests and the setlist. Metal Fury was good and they made me
happy with their Metallica and Megadeth songs.

The setlist was the longest and best I have ever seen since 2002 probably. Having
Phantom ,Alexander, Fear, Wickerman and Children on the same set was great.
Aces High in the middle was interesting. I heard Alex a cople time from Maidens but
it has been a while since last time. It was the highlight of the set. The intro is so
beautiful and emotional. Maiden is doing bad by not playing it. Maidens are doing
the best by bringing it alive.

Sataru played Dave's parts during Wickerman. Marco played drums on Aces High and
guitars on The Trooper!

Courtney's solo was great. She kep her promise so thanks :) I heard Metal Militia
riff in it and it made me happy.

I never seen Maidens play number of the beast this fast. Prisoner was very fast as well.
Courtney had pedal problems at the beginning of it.

Running Free with crowd interaction was new to me. It was fun and great but the
crowd was not that good. We at the Courney side won ;)

It was great to see Heather again in Dave role. I wish she became permanent again.
She jumping off the stage for Running Free contest rocks.

The set

invaders
2 minutes
wasted
fear
wickerman (Sataru)
sea
aces(Marco drums)
losfer
trooper (Marco guitar)
children
prisoner
ALEXANDER
Running Free
PHANTOM
Hills

Maidens thanks for the show and I can't wait for the next.

Nice how the band handled the power issues with Linda and Wanda playing a section over and over, while Kirsten chatted up the audience waiting for the guitars to be back working.

Once power was back and the section came back around, the whole band continued.

Jim

What an amazing night!!!! First, it was great to have our friend from Japan, Satoru, join us onstage again for Wickerman! I (as well as the audience) always enjoy her dynamic stage presence and performance.

Then, Marco Minnemann on drums for Aces High and Losfer Words, and on guitar for The Trooper--what a HUGE treat!!! The hype IS true--the guy is fucking phenomenal and so down-to-earth, too. That's one of the best perks about being in The Maidens: getting opportunities to jam with musicians like Marco. :headbang:

Santee was waaay too much fun! I wish we could have more shows with this great a vibe, not that our shows usually don't vibe, but this was exceptional. See ya at the Swap Meet!!!