A Waysted Afternoon

Mad Dan McCafferty

Don't Get Mad,Get Waysted
Oct 6, 2004
KRAKATOA
www.myspace.com
Hello there all you Saxon Fans, Can't wait to see them again in Edinburgh in October, King Tut's in Glasgow last year was immense.

I'm calling on all you Rock fans in Glasgow to come and join me at The Solid Rock Cafe on August 6th between 12noon and 5.30pm for An afternoon Getting Waysted!!

Waysted tunes will be blasting from the bar and will have comps to win stuff and maybe a few other surprises!!!

It's a fan get together before they play in September.

If it goes well maybe I'll try and organise a Saxon one!!

Get the new Waysted Album, 'Back From The Dead' along with 'Lionheart' the best releases last year.

Check out the Waysted website at www.waysted.co.uk for details and come along for a pint and good music.

All the Best
Mad Dan McCafferty

Felamid said:
Good luck with your Waysted afternoon!
As I am with M.ill.ion I guess I'll be seeing you in September!

Cheers,
Johan

Johan,would you care to 'spill the beans' about the incident in the hotel in Bradford? Go on,you know you want to. :D

Well Bert, it's just that our guitarist is so hot...
Had to put out the fire, twice...
Didn't want him to end his life, self-combusting like a Tap-drummer.
And after all it's called Firefest, right?
I then tried to make the hotel security realise the need of such actions.
Thought I had succeeded until three policemen woke us up.

Anyway, where did you hear about this "incident"?

Guess we'll have to try and take it easier next time around, otherwise people in the business will get tired of us. I mean, it's not like we're G'n'R selling millions of records, we're just a bunch of vikings trying to play some good ol' hard 'n heavy rock music.

Cheers

Hi Johan, I read it the Classic Rock no less. They did a write up of Firefest and your exploits got a mention. I'm from Bradford originally. Which hotel were you, erm.......asked to vacate? The article basically says 'TNT ensured they weren't forgotten in a hurry and neither were Million who were lucky to be still on the bill,having run amok with fire extinguishers in the hotel the night before and been ejected. The promoter was...not pleased,let's say.' Overall it says Firefest was a success. I'd have gone myself but £40-£50 to see Jeff Scott Soto? Never! Rock'n'Roll infamy!:headbang:

It was the Holiday Inn. I'll have to grow a beard till next time.. ;-)
Anyway, don't forget to support Waysted and that Waysted afternoon in Glasgow!
Pete Way is beyond cool...

Mad Dan McCafferty said:
I'm calling on all you Rock fans in Glasgow to come and join me at The Solid Rock Cafe on August 6th between 12noon and 5.30pm for An afternoon Getting Waysted!!

All the Best
Mad Dan McCafferty[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/B]

Great stuff, the Solid Rock is my fav pub ever!!!! I'll try my very best to pop in at some point in the afternoon, probably will have to be early on though cos I'm seeing a band in my local pub in Paisley that afternoon called Raar, they supported Budgie at the Ferry last year, and they were quite good and I've been sort of roped into going along and seeing them.

I see Waysted are playing the Barfly on 21st September, the same night Hayseed Dixie are at the Ferry...............oh dear decisions decisions, which one will I go and check out. I think Waysted might win cos I'm at the Ferry the following night for Limehouse Lizzy. Will get Back from the Dead over the weekend, looking forward to hearing it.

princess_of_the_night2112 said:
Hayseed Dixie

Those the guys that play AC/DC hick style with violins and stuff right? I imagine they would be a good laugh to see!

valanx said:
Those the guys that play AC/DC hick style with violins and stuff right? I imagine they would be a good laugh to see!

Yeah that's them Valanx, I've never managed to get around to seeing them but have heard they're brilliant but I quite fancy seeing Waysted now instead, think they would rock much harder which sounds brill to me.

Yeah that's them Valanx, I've never managed to get around to seeing them but have heard they're brilliant

Must be some skill involved playing all those violins and stuff the way they do!

They did ace of spades i saw the video it was cool !

There's no contest, if you have'nt seen Waysted before then get there on the 21st. They are a real rock & Roll band and the tunes are superb. Back From The Dead is superb but get the first three cds too, Vices, Mini Alobum and the good the bad the Waysted all classic rock!!!

Mad Dan McCafferty said:
There's no contest, if you have'nt seen Waysted before then get there on the 21st.

You know Dan, I'm not really sure if I've seen Waysted before or not. The name definitely rings a dim and distant bell and if they were playing anywhere in Glasgow around the mid 80s, I probably would have seen them cos I saw tons but I was pretty well wasted myself during those awesome days and some of the bands I saw I can't actually remember seeing them. But there's phographic evidence proving I was there - one example being OMG DIAMOND HEAD down in Greenock at the Vic Carriage I think. I was only ever in it once and can even picture myself there and I can remember what I was wearing!!!!! but for the life of my I can't remember what band I saw, but apparently it was Diamond Head and there's photos to prove it. All I can say is, my god those drugs must have been good :oops: :oops:

You know Dan, I'm not really sure if I've seen Waysted before or not. The name definitely rings a dim and distant bell and if they were playing anywhere in Glasgow around the mid 80s, I probably would have seen them cos I saw tons but I was pretty well wasted myself during those awesome days and some of the bands I saw I can't actually remember seeing them. But there's phographic evidence proving I was there - one example being OMG DIAMOND HEAD down in Greenock at the Vic Carriage I think. I was only ever in it once and can even picture myself there and I can remember what I was wearing!!!!! but for the life of my I can't remember what band I saw, but apparently it was Diamond Head and there's photos to prove it. All I can say is, my god those drugs must have been good :oops: :oops:
Waysted supported Dio on the Holy Diver tour, played the Apollo, then supported Maiden on a Brilliant night at the Apollo on the world slavery tour!! I've put a reveiw of that night on the waysted web site have a look, it's in the news section. they also played the Scottish Rock & Pop Festival up in East Kilbride with Glasgow, Frankie Miller, Pallas and Nazerath. Great days

Princess, if you're in the Solid this?Next weekend could you let me know if they've put up the Waysted posters and put out flyers? Also same goes for the Cathouse if you requent that establishment!

Ta

Hi there Dan, Haven't been in the Solid for about a week and a half, but definitely going in tomorrow night cos I'm heading to see BLACKFOOT at the Renfrew Ferry so going to the Solid for a few drinkies before seeing the band. Will be in about 6 O'clock, so will check and see if those posters are up!!

I don't think I saw Waysted then, definitely wasn't at the wee festival thing in East Kilbride. I did see Pallas before, quite a few times, and also Glasgow as well. I didn't realise Pallas were still going strong, was only talking about them couple of weeks ago, apparently they've got a new album either out now or coming out very soon. I think I saw Pallas at least 7 times, it got to the stage that every time I was going into Glasgow just going round somepubs to see what bands were on, it was a case of "Oh no not Pallas AGAIN. They were good but I preferred bands like Non Compos Mentis or Chaser, both those bands rocked bigtime!!!!

They were good but I preferred bands like Non Compos Mentis or Chaser, both those bands rocked bigtime!!!!

I have got a few tracks by Chaser that I taped off the friday rock show when they did a session. Did they ever put an album out Princess? I can't remember off hand what the tracks were called, but I think one was called Devils revenge. But all three were pretty good.

Just a very quick message just now Dan but I was in the Solid Rock last night and saw some of your posters on the wall, and very good they look too. Saw a few folk looking at them, so hopefully there will be a good crowd in that Saturday. That's all I've got time to say just now cos just on my way out, will talk about the shambolic Blackfoot concert and also Chaser Paxo when I get back in.