a weird-ass dream for your interpretation

Baliset

guitar deity
Jul 31, 2002
New England
www.maudlinofthewell.com
Dream part 1

I am waiting in my driveway at my house in New Britain for my parents to come home. It is presumably late at night. All of a sudden I hear cars moving up the street at a high velocity(which is really weird if you know my street).

The two cars zoom up the street and turn into the drive way of my neighbor James's house. One of the cars must have someone who lives there in them because the garage door opens and the two cars drive in side by side at the same velocity as they were travelling before and smash right into the back of the inside of the garage wrecking both cars.

This woke me up with quite the fright and I stared into space a bit to relax myself before settling myself back into a comfortable positon for sleeping.

Dream part 2

Fast forward to the next day. I am in my neighbor's house discussing the events of the previous night with my wife(in this dream i am apparently married) and with rapper Ludacris which makes me associate the cars racing and crashing with kids trying to pull off stunts from the movie 2 Fast 2 Furious.

We are in James's kitchen which looks exactly as it did when we were kids but all the rooms and hallways are closed off which is explained to me by my wife as because the surviors of the crash suffered severe burns and as James's mother was a nurse she is caring for them in the rooms closed off.

By the end of the dream I am left alone in James's family room watching TV waiting for something but I don't know what. James's mother comes out and I peek into the closed off rooms to see two beds and my friend James in one of them with burn marks over his left eye. The door is closed and I decide to leave and go back across the street to my parents' house.

any clues?

Is it a subconcious urge to avoid seeing 2 Fast 2 Furious with my friend James if I am ever back in CT?

So your friend is dying and you make less than a halfhearted attempt to get into that room! What did you do when you went home? This dream is exemplifying that you value your friends as much as you value regurgitated bean curd!

I'd say the burn victims represent incidences in your life which you find distasteful and therefore, you have closed off those rooms in your life, in an effort to dissasociate yourself from that which is painful/burning.

the speeding cars represent your mind's duality, one wishing in an idealistic sense to confront your fears, and the other, competing car, wishing to keep those rooms closed and therefore nonconfrontational. the fact that the cars crash show how deeply you feel about both points of view, but they cannot coexist together, much like the good kirk/bad kirk episode in the original star trek.

the appearance of Ludicris is unexplainable, unless in part III of your dream, which you will have tonight, Bill O'Reilly shows up.

FuSoYa said:
So your friend is dying and you make less than a halfhearted attempt to get into that room! What did you do when you went home? This dream is exemplifying that you value your friends as much as you value regurgitated bean curd!

i am not getting a very impartial dream interpretation from your comments.

how come nobody reacted to the fact that you were married in this dream?

also, it sounded at first like either
a) you saw the italian job or
b) you and toby or someone recently played a bunch of driving gamecube/ps2 games