AAAAAAH, the new album!!!! Oh, and does nemuu and frenchie still suck?

SunlapseVertigo said:
thats a start. now perhaps you should back up your statement?
Certainly: I made a post which was, in design, purely informative, if a bit critical of Anders' objectively horrendous lyrical capabilities, but only toward the end of demonstrating the obvious quality-dichotomy between Sundin and Friden, and you responded as if I had no right to make such a criticism, or, at the very least, as if in making such a criticism I was in fact "whining" or "crying" or "splitting hairs."

Which would lead me to believe that you would respond to any such negative discussion (even in a larger explicative or informative context) of In Flames or Anders or his lyrical abilities both prospective and retrospective with similar indignation, which is both childish and dumb, which cannot but reflect poorly on your own intellectual well-being.

Fathomless

SunlapseVertigo said:
simply put: boo-fucking-hoo = whoop-de-do = big deal. certainly not as big a deal as you make it out to be.

overanalyzing a bit there?
I don't think I'm over-analyzing, I think you're under-analyzing. In any case, it's fucking rude to respond to someone's post with "boo-fucking-hoo" when the post itself meant you no direct offense or even considered you or your existence in any direct way, and, argumentatively, such sentiments are typically the last resort of those without a leg to stand on, and also retards. So in the future if you have something retarded that you'd like say to me, it's probably best left unsaid, cause come what may, I'll likely analyze it and draw inferences about you that you'd probably rather not have drawn, be they true or false.

Jabi said:
Hm, AltaVista returned about 68,000 results for "in search for". Looks like the "for" version of the phrase is very commonly used even if it's grammatically incorrect.
Take notice of the context of all of those "in search for"s. most of them are headlines of some sort, and since headlines often omit articles (i.e. "the," "a," "an"), they're omitting the word "the" (i.e. in the search for etc.), and as such, they are not striving for the same grammatical idiom as "in search of". That is, "the search" is operating in all of the contexts you've mentioned as the object of a sentence, i.e. "X is aiding in (the) search for Y", with the verb phrase, in this case, being "aiding in." If I were to say, "X is going in search of" then "going in search of" would be the verb phrase. "In Search For I" is gramatically incorrect cause it's clearly employing the verb-phrase sense of the idiom, but erroneously attaching the wrong preposition to the end. So there's really no english phraseology in which "in search for" is used as an actual verb phrase, even colloquially. It's just an outright grammatical blunder.

Fathomless

Reactions: JesteR-7
Fathomless said:
I don't think I'm over-analyzing, I think you're under-analyzing. In any case, it's fucking rude to respond to someone's post with "boo-fucking-hoo" when the post itself meant you no direct offense or even considered you or your existence in any direct way, and, argumentatively, such sentiments are typically the last resort of those without a leg to stand on, and also retards. So in the future if you have something retarded that you'd like say to me, it's probably best left unsaid, cause come what may, I'll likely analyze it and draw inferences about you that you'd probably rather not have drawn, be they true or false.

Fathomless
Totally agree with you! :)

Fathomless said:
Take notice of the context of all of those "in search for"s. most of them are headlines of some sort, and since headlines often omit articles (i.e. "the," "a," "an"), they're omitting the word "the" (i.e. in the search for etc.), and as such, they are not striving for the same grammatical idiom as "in search of". That is, "the search" is operating in all of the contexts you've mentioned as the object of a sentence, i.e. "X is aiding in (the) search for Y", with the verb phrase, in this case, being "aiding in." If I were to say, "X is going in search of" then "going in search of" would be the verb phrase. "In Search For I" is gramatically incorrect cause it's clearly employing the verb-phrase sense of the idiom, but erroneously attaching the wrong preposition to the end. So there's really no english phraseology in which "in search for" is used as an actual verb phrase, even colloquially. It's just an outright grammatical blunder.

Fathomless
It is incorrect grammatics we can all se that but it is made the way it was made because it sounds better or more poetic. The correct spelling I would guess is "In search of myself" but that doesn´t have the same "ring" to it.

Yeah! You have to understand that Anders as an artist and a poet would rather say things like "Cause next song.. it from the murders album." becuase it sounds better.

I don't think Anders problem is his English skills. The lyrics still wouldn't be anywhere near Sundin's even if Niklas would fix the grammatical errors.

Well then I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree regarding how poetic it sounds. I think In Search For I sounds like ass, and I think it'd be much better as "In Search of I." And the difference between "In Search of Myself" and "In Search of I", in my opinion, is that the latter is a self-conscious grammatical break from the former whereas I believe "In Search For I" to be a rather un-self-conscious grammatical blunder, given Anders' previous lyrics. I think Anders is no poet. At least in english. But we're all welcome to our opinions, I'd hope.

Fathomless said:
.......don't care. that was my point in the first place. now go on and analyze my post please. and least im not getting so worked up over a little message board. because I.........

dont care! simply put.

SunlapseVertigo said:
well thanks for your input. now why don't you elaborate a bit?
cuz all that I wanted to say, already said Fathomless. So, you can read it once again.:Smokedev:

i just thought maybe you could add something else from your point of view, but if you insist that you agree with every single word said, then be my guest.

and in case some still don't understand my point, its that i completely disagree with the lyrics post, just as how you respond to other posts with a simple "i agree". so fathomless can keep responding with those big paragraphs whose intentions are to try and make me look like an idiot, but i simply don't care because im not gonna get all worked up over such a trivial thing.

Listen, I'm not like you everyday on this forum. I just come sometimes to see what people think about the new in flames and if someone nows anything about the coming album. I'm to lazy to write long posts and I simply disagree with your opinion that's all. If the song names are simply and short(one word) then it's a big possibility that the music is also simply and this means mainstream. I'm not saying that mainstream is bad or something. It's just not the stlye that I (and a lot of other people) like.

SunlapseVertigo said:
so fathomless can keep responding with those big paragraphs whose intentions are to try and make me look like an idiot, but i simply don't care because im not gonna get all worked up over such a trivial thing.
Indeed, I'll keep it short this time: In the future, if you care so goddamned little, as you profess, then just don't say anything.

Fathomless

this is a forum, meant for opinions. i was giving my opinion, and the "boo-fucking-hoo" statement was simply meant to be a comical way of stating, "i don't think thats anything to make a fuss about". thats all. you didn't have to make such a big deal of it.

If the song names are simply and short(one word) then it's a big possibility that the music is also simply and this means mainstream.
theres not a bigger possibilty, nor is there less. the amount of words in a song title has no effect on the amount mainstream certain music is.

SunlapseVertigo said:
theres not a bigger possibilty, nor is there less. the amount of words in a song title has no effect on the amount mainstream certain music is.
Ok, you're the smartest here and let's just wait and we will see who's right, ok?