the name of sadus

D

disasterpeace

steve how did sadus get it´s name and what does it mean?
sadist? do you have tab to certain death or to a little part of it?
if you have can you send it to me, would respect it. i tried to
figure it out, but i only managed to tab some the first riffs and
verses. i would put the tab here so somebody could correct it,
but i don´t know how to put it here? can some body help?
steve if you have the tab my e-mail is: mouthfullwar@yahoo.com)

Trav's almost got it. It's actually a term found in the glossary of the novel Dune. It says something like four holy judges the fremen referred to as saints, or some shit. Our friend, Rick Rogers who drew the Illusions album cover, suggested it to us back in 1985 because he liked the sound of it and he said he could make it into a cool logo. So we chose it because we liked the sound of it and it made into a cool logo, couldn't really give a shit about the meaning. It's not supposed to have a meaning as we don't stand for anything, it's just a name used to identify us and our music. It doesn't have anything to do with sadist or the definition of sadism, and it's not evil in meaning either- which was a bonus...we didn't want to play that game.

you wrote that a little bit too complicated (some strange words),
but i think i understand it... sadist... (joke) (i´m still from finland... almost from the woods)

Asgeir! You rock man, one of these days.. I'd like to set up my kit across from yours, and go head to head =).

J

Hahah, that would rock.

Anyhow, good job with Spiral Architect and Borknagar. You're one of those drummers I can relate to =).

Are you still doing the magazine?

J

Thanks. Spiral A. is rehearsing only one day a week now (compared to 4-5-6 days before), but the new riffs are insane (no prog metal this time). Borknagar isn't rehearsing nowadays. We're waiting to get a little bit closer to the summer festivals and the tours.

The magazine is still going strong. I'll do layout on a new issue this week.

- Asgeir

Hi there asgeir!!!

Good to see ya around here!!! One of the best drummers ever!! hahahahah!!!

My brother is kinda 'crazy' for Spiral Architect... And that's a really great drums work... Also an awesome bass work... Invite Lars for chatting here!!! hahahahaha

BTW, when will Spiral Architect tour South America?? :D

I'm not really studying any drummers (hell, I'm not even rehearsing). I don't like to copy or learn other drummers' drumfills or anything but rather try to understand the feeling that they're expressing with their playing. Some drummers I like: Dave Lombardo, Rick Colaluca, Bobby Jarzombek, Gene Hoglan, Sean Reinert, Richard Christy, Neil Peart, Stephen Shelton, Bill Bruford... and more...

- Asgeir

Originally posted by asgeir
What's so funny? "hahahahahahahah..................."

Lars is busy studying music at the university so I guess he won't be around here.

I doubt SA will ever tour anywhere.

- Asgeir

It is funny to meet a drummer in a bassist forum, hehehe....

Hmmm... Maybe later we could meet Lars then...

And... That would be really cool a SA tour... But... All we can do is wait...

Ah the only aforementioned drummer I've never heard of is Stephen Shelton. Who's he play with?

Really I thought I may have been one of the few drummers who progresses on their own. I never took lessons or studied other people's ways either.. because I thought that doing such might make me more of a "habitual" player... and I didnt want to sound like a clone of another player out there.

So, hey, good style! It's one I use myself.. hahah.

J

Originally posted by J the TyranT
Ah the only aforementioned drummer I've never heard of is Stephen Shelton. Who's he play with?

Really I thought I may have been one of the few drummers who progresses on their own. I never took lessons or studied other people's ways either.. because I thought that doing such might make me more of a "habitual" player... and I didnt want to sound like a clone of another player out there.

J

Yeah, sure, when I compose my own songs with my band I'll not try to copy the style of someone, I will just play what comes to my mind (or soul, I don't know), let's see what happens... But I think that if I know more about theory, I will express me much better... Any suggestions on how to study bass theory?? Where to begin looking for info??