Abandoned Amusment Park

crimsonfloyd

Apr 18, 2002
Los Angeles, CA
Visit site
Ok, so today I went with my cousins Sean and Sarah to check out Oregon State University. Afterwards we were gonna go up to Portland for no apperant reason, but on the way we came across this amusment park on the side of the highway called "Enchanted Forest," so we got off the highway to check it out (we were doing a lot of checking out today). Well when we got there it looked like there hadn't been anyone there sience the 70's. All the rides looked extreemly 70's. There was a good sized roller coaster about 50 ft up. There was also a water slide and tons of little spinning rides, a mary go round and a bunch of kids rides. It was streight up dead! There was a trailer park in the back. So we started walking up to the water slide expecting it to be all blocked off. Everything was so excessible! We took weird pictures on all the rides some of which were falling apart. It was a fucking trip though! How many abbbandoned amaument parks can there be on the sides of highways?

lol i remember the first upside down one i went on, then i went on a few more and after a while decided they were nothing special...

im still trying to persuade one of my gliding instructors to take me up for some aerobatics tho, i think that'll be fun..

theres also an abandoned "Enchanted Forest" here in Maryland... but I can't recall them having rollercoasters, more of a kids amusement park.. tea cup rides .. carousels ..

omg nogie has 4 dots :eek: ...
anyway could you like control the rollar coasters and stuff? like work the control panel thing. I doubt it, but that would be the most awesome thing ever

Yeah it would be quite awesome when the coaster falls apart and explodes.

The good thing about Florida is we have lots of good coasters. The Hulk at Islands of Adventure in Orlando is the best rollercoaster I've ever been on.

ioa_hulk10.jpg

ioa_hulk2.jpg

When most coasters start, you are slowlllyyy pulled up an incline. On the hulk while you wait in line you are spiraling upward. You get on the car indoors. You're sitting there expecting it to slowly pull you up.. a hydraulic pump launches the car directly into the first loop, and then it's fucking insane and when it was over I was shaking from adrenaline :headbang: