Abnegation - The Mirror's Truth version

Requiem960

Nov 9, 2002
Florida, USA
Has anyone else had the chance to listen to the demo vs the final EP version. I absolutely loved the demo and the Myspace version, but felt it was ruined on the EP. I'm a little bit worred about A Sense of Purpose, as I felt Disconnected was kinda weak. I also don't care too much for the other two songs on the EP, Eraser and Tilt are fair at best. So far, the only song I'm digging at the moment is The Mirror's Truth. Well, besides of the demo of Abnegation.

Well, that's my meaningless opinion. But, I felt the need to go on a rant anyways!

Does anyone have this and care to upload it for me? Im buying it next week but ive been dying to hear it, and i'd appreciate it, thanks.

Wait, what? The final version got released? Requesting an upload! :p

EDIT: Nevermind. http://thepiratebay.org/tor/4060626/In_Flames-The_Mirrors_Truth-Retail_EP-2008-P2P

Enjoy.

My thoughts:

Eraser - classic In Flames songs. Haters of the new stuff will find a little hope in this one.

Tilt - great for both fans but not sure how the haters will like it.

Abnegation - people who hate CC/TMT are going to hate this. I like it tbh, it's a lot different than the demo.

After listening to the EP a few more times. Eraser is starting to grow on me. But, it's not a rememberable song.

Abnegation still really disappoints me. I really wish they'd have released both versions on the record. Or, put one on the album and the other version on the EP. The demo was just so much better. The wierd thing, is the songs are completely different. They could have been Abnegation and Abnegation II.

Again, after listening a few more times... Tilt is by far my favorite track on the EP, excluding The Mirror's Truth.

Still, I'm a bit on the disappointed side. I really loved CC, StYE and RtR were both good albums. What I'm hearing just hasn't beed doing it for me. Oh well, at least Opeth and Dark Tranquillity have new records coming out this year!

These sound better then anything off of come clarity by far......Tilt and Eraser are the best songs since r2r for reals the guitar tone and solos sound like Classic In FLames and I was so excited when I first hearD it. I love the new version of Abnegation....Mirror's truth still kind of bores me..lets hope the new album is like tilT and eraser.

After listening to the EP a few more times. Eraser is starting to grow on me. But, it's not a rememberable song.

Abnegation still really disappoints me. I really wish they'd have released both versions on the record. Or, put one on the album and the other version on the EP. The demo was just so much better. The wierd thing, is the songs are completely different. They could have been Abnegation and Abnegation II.

Again, after listening a few more times... Tilt is by far my favorite track on the EP, excluding The Mirror's Truth.

Still, I'm a bit on the disappointed side. I really loved CC, StYE and RtR were both good albums. What I'm hearing just hasn't beed doing it for me. Oh well, at least Opeth and Dark Tranquillity have new records coming out this year!

ehm DT released "fiction" last year,dont think a new album will will come this year...!

ehm DT released "fiction" last year,dont think a new album will will come this year...!

I remember reading a while back on DT's web site, that they were in the studio. Which to me means, new album.

"In the studio again! - Sep 20, 2007 Just got back home from one of the most bizarre and amusing recording experiences in a long time..." However, after searching for it and re-reading it; I think you're right. However, there are pleanty of bands that have released an album and the following year another one drops. But, truth of that matter is that doesn't happen very often.

I like the EP very mutch!

+
Anders voice, it seams intersesting in some way
Eraser is so good! The guitar solo..! omg if only it were longer:(
Tilt is also good, but i like eraser more
-
Abnegation is never going to be a good track;) but i enjoy the chorus now.

Forget everything i said about Abnegation! That track rules now! I was wrong :( but i am glad they actually fixed it! :D

Can I get a link to these please?

*EDIT nevermind found it...

Eraser and Tilt are fucking amazing

I've given Abnegation a few more listens to. But, I still prefer the demo. I felt it was just so much more solid. The chorus on the demo was one of the best they've done in a while. The EP version seems like it is all cut and paste from Pro Tools. There is no transition from the verse into it.

The prodution on the new abnegation is a lot better but i prefer the structure of the demo, especially in the chorus. I'm not sure if you're talking about he first or second demo version of the song though - in the original Anders' vocals are slightly off but they are perfect in the second ([ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=kXe8PZ9P3qc[/ame]) and I assumed this would be the version they'd put on the EP, which is why I'm disappointed.
As for the rest of ther EP, Mirror's Truth is becoming one of my favourite In Flames songs, and the other two struck me a good on first listening

Really? I knew that wouldn't be the final one because once they released The Mirror's Truth there was no way they'd make Abnegation more CCish... even then, I had heard samples of it from that one German site.