Aborted - Divine Impediment (cover)

DIYistkrieg

Jul 2, 2017
Italy
www.youtube.com
Someone found this multitrack, it's a killer song played and recorded so well I had to mix it!
Reamping of bass and guitars, chosing drums samples (unfortunately no "real" recorded drums here), mix and mastering done by me.
It'd be cool if you take 5 minutes of your time to listen to this and leave a comment, please :)

Reactions: Silkoch
That guitar tone is pretty rough, the whole track is pretty muddy too but most of the mud comes from the guitars. I'd go a whole new cab or do some serious EQ'ing.

That guitar tone is pretty rough, the whole track is pretty muddy too but most of the mud comes from the guitars. I'd go a whole new cab or do some serious EQ'ing.
Thanks for the feedback!
I really can't hear all the mud you hear in this track... could you be more specific? What's making the guitars muddy? Do they miss or have too much of some freqs? Maybe too much gain? I really don't know...
I must say I really like how this whole mix came out, guitars tone in particular I really dig it, so maybe I'm unable to hear its flaws...a little help is needed!

Guitar tone is not my forte, but the tone just sounds like something off an old black metal record or something you'd hear on a doom metal band.

Best advice I can offer is use reference tracks. Listen to the actual track from Aborted then switch to yours and hear the difference.

Guitar tone is not my forte, but the tone just sounds like something off an old black metal record or something you'd hear on a doom metal band.

Best advice I can offer is use reference tracks. Listen to the actual track from Aborted then switch to yours and hear the difference.

Well I did, and I prefer my tone :rofl::rofl::rofl: