Aborym: Fire Walk with Us

Christopher

blunt fanfare trauma
Oct 24, 2003
Visit site
Hello.

I've mentioned my praise of Aborym's WNHI album once or twice on this forum. But I've enver heard their previous record, Fire Walk with Us. When I read the reviews, the album seems very interesting to me, possibly a slightly less developed version of WNHI. But I'm interested nonetheless. Can anyone tell me if this record is worth picking up after hearing With No Human Intervention? Would it be slightly redundant, or a bit different depending on how less electronic it is by comparison? anyway, if someone can answer that would be nice. I was planning on purchasing this but decided not to. One or two reasons came to mind, the other being that if Aborym are writing new material to release in a year or so, it will probably be better to have that than something becoming dated by style and dynamics. Or not. I will decide, but your opinions could help. I thank you in advance.

chris

Ah. Those with the slightly ambivalent answers. Heh, I imagine its a good record, possibly not as developed as their latest as I think, but still a good listen. My friends think WNHI is a sick record, and they've been passing it around for the past week.

You know who I think would make a good addition to the code666 label? The band Bethlehem. I think their last record was really sweet, even if it was a bit disjointed.
I just hope they don't go back to a heavy and death metal sound because I thought their new approach was quite successful.