About the Ignitor...

Brett89

New Metal Member
Dec 13, 2005
Sorry if a opend a stupid thread....:worship:

I just want to know thta why Steve doesn't uses his Ignitor on shows... I can't find any photo from it a while...

Anyone tried it? Is it comfortable?

I havent played steves but i did own one back in the 90s and loveed it. It was a great sounding guitar, the body mass is so huge its got massive bottom end !!!

As for steve and his, I havent actually asked him but my guess would be that his new warlock is more comfortable on the road. The ignitor is a HEAVY guitar, not to say the warlock isnt but I was much more confortable on stage with my warlock than my ignitor.

Besides, i think he got tired of people calling it a "PINK" guitar !!!!

COME ON WHO IN METAL PLAYS A PINK GUITAR !!!!
(I know steve. its purple, but come on !!! :p, just bustin ya balls bro)

Guru

Well, once I got the White Warlock, it was the one I wanted to play!
I still love the PURPLE IGNITOR, and will play it again. It's not with me presently, so I've been writing more on my Warlock lately, and my other BC's I have here with me, in particular my red 6 string BC Rich Bich, seen in my avatar. Love that damn guitar!
The playability on the Ignitor is amazing, nothing feels/sounds like that guitar to me. It will be played again, rest assured! Also, had a few issues with it getting damaged in-flight on several tours, so had to get a better road case for it. Thanks to BC and TKL cases for that one.:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Well, once I got the White Warlock, it was the one I wanted to play!
I still love the PURPLE IGNITOR, and will play it again. It's not with me presently, so I've been writing more on my Warlock lately, and my other BC's I have here with me, in particular my red 6 string BC Rich Bich, seen in my avatar. Love that damn guitar!
The playability on the Ignitor is amazing, nothing feels/sounds like that guitar to me. It will be played again, rest assured! Also, had a few issues with it getting damaged in-flight on several tours, so had to get a better road case for it. Thanks to BC and TKL cases for that one.:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Thank you Steve! :)

Well yes, some people are maybe blind who says its pink... I love it's color, and the shape, it's very original :kickass:

Anyway, I can't wait to say you playing in Hungary! :worship:

One more thing...

Can you tell me the spec. of the guitar? Woods and what kind of pick up is that?
And what's that 3 mini toggleswitch?

Does Steve used it on the newest record?

Sorry for my english :cry:

Probaly a Phase Switch, On Off Switch, and If its an 81 in the bridge a Coil Tap
Actually, it had a Seymour Duncan JB-7 in there when I got it, and the switches were: kill switch, split coil, and a 12 db boost switch( anybody seen the EOR vid on the EOR album? That feedback was this wonderful little gadget) Need less to say, I had that stuff ripped out, slapped an 81-7 in there, and we're fully active now, without all the crap. One volume. Simplicity.:lol: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Actually, it had a Seymour Duncan JB-7 in there when I got it, and the switches were: kill switch, split coil, and a 12 db boost switch( anybody seen the EOR vid on the EOR album? That feedback was this wonderful little gadget) Need less to say, I had that stuff ripped out, slapped an 81-7 in there, and we're fully active now, without all the crap. One volume. Simplicity.:lol: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

And why did you changed the Seymour to EMG? You didn't liked the Seymour or you just tried out the EMGs? So I can only hear the EMG's on the records? Would you tell me what kind of wood is it made of? :oops:

Why did you choose the 81-7 and not the 707? I just want to see your point of view on which one you think is better. :)

actually there a quite a lot of players who prefer the 81-7 over the 707. pat o'brien (cannibal corpse) used to record with 6 strings tuned to Bb to get the true emg 81 sound, as the 707 is more like the 85 IIRC.

I switched to EMG after trying them out, and was sold on the sound, and the response to what I was playing. The 81-7 is just the right pickup for me in the bridge.I like the 707 better in the neck, more of a woody tone to it there. I got burned out on passives, and was with Seymour Duncan for quite a while. You can check out anything I did up until TGE and Black Wings of Destiny: Something Burning, Cyberchrist, from Vicious Rumors, and Rapture from Dragonlord, and any guest solos I did during those times as well.Those I did with SD pickups, and for the time, it felt right.
As for the wood, the body is mahagony, the neck is solid maple with an ebony fretboard, as far as I remember. A little foggy on that.:lol: :headbang:
Hope that helps guys!:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

I switched to EMG after trying them out, and was sold on the sound, and the response to what I was playing. The 81-7 is just the right pickup for me in the bridge.I like the 707 better in the neck, more of a woody tone to it there. I got burned out on passives, and was with Seymour Duncan for quite a while. You can check out anything I did up until TGE and Black Wings of Destiny: Something Burning, Cyberchrist, from Vicious Rumors, and Rapture from Dragonlord, and any guest solos I did during those times as well.Those I did with SD pickups, and for the time, it felt right.
As for the wood, the body is mahagony, the neck is solid maple with an ebony fretboard, as far as I remember. A little foggy on that.:lol: :headbang:
Hope that helps guys!:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Thank you very much! :)

This is a bit off, but... I HAD MY FIRST GUITAR LESSON AND IT WAS GREA
T!!! I was a bit shit in but my teacher is a nice dude, he's more into blues, but it's ok :kickass:

that ignitor is awesome. although manly manowar fanboys might dislike the color, i think it is awesome. check out the vids on youtube with testament at wacken 2003 and the video of the guys jaming in the studio when recording tge. man that guitar is metal and awesome. looks awesome and sounds too. It was used on the EOR vid from wacken 2004 that is on youtube too if i'm not mistaken. i personallly find it more awesome than the white lock.
Steve, you have good taste in guitars!

The 81-7 is just the right pickup for me in the bridge.I like the 707 better in the neck, more of a woody tone to it there.

I have found this to be the case for me as well. Mahogany bodied guitars seem to need the bite of the 81 to cut through. The 707 is nice in maple/alder/ash bodies.

Probably why the new Loomis sig is an ash body/maple neck and fretboard with the 707s instead of just being a Hellraiser w/ floyd

I have found this to be the case for me as well. Mahogany bodied guitars seem to need the bite of the 81 to cut through. The 707 is nice in maple/alder/ash bodies.

Probably why the new Loomis sig is an ash body/maple neck and fretboard with the 707s instead of just being a Hellraiser w/ floyd

Maybe I say stupid, but i read somewhere and I think so that in a neck-thru guitar, the neck wood dominatos more then the woods of the wings, becouse it's the center of the body + the neck, so it's a very big part of the body... I think :loco:

Steve, do you have a 707 in any of your guitar or you are using 81-7 exclusively.
if i had the money i would buy and ignitor like steve's cause it is fucking awesome and a loomis signature. (and a kirk hammett signature....oh wait i'm not supposed to say that :lol:)