about the SF show

CozzyD

New Metal Member
Aug 13, 2005
Stanford University
So I bought a ticket previous to the SF venue change (it's a will call ticket)... Does anybody know if I should just be able to show up at the new venue and get in as if it were the old venue?

From a Moonspell MySpace bulletin:

The Moonspell, Katatonia, Daylight Dies gig scheduled for Saturday, November 4th at 8:30pm, have been moved to Oakland Metro at 201 Broadway in Oakland. The show date and time will remain the same. Doors are at 8pm.

Your tickets are still valid for admission at the new location and can be picked up at the will-call area, upon your arrival, with the presentation of a valid photo ID.

PLEASE KEEP IN MIND – the Metro is a SMALLER venue, yes, smaller than the Pound. The parking on the immediate area street is all PERMIT REQUIRED and/or metered for only an hour or two in some areas, so please be sure to double check that you are not in a permit area or restricted parking time area, otherwise you will get towed away. There is, however, two big parking lots, one on the corner of Broadway and Jack London Square, and one on the cross street to the Metro but one block up, on the left hand side. I know that the one one block up from the Metro is 75 cents per hour with an $11, 12 hour maximum. There are a few food places around as well, including a BBQ place across the street, Nations, Dominos, a deli next door that closes at 4pm or 5pm, a sit-down restaurant, chinese food and then there is a lot more stuff at actual Jack London Square.

I'm Going too, I'll be in the Extol shirt :). Shouldnt be too hard to find me, its a small venue.

I dunno what I'll be wearing, but look for this guy:

1236808934_l.jpg

^_^

I've never posted here but uh, I'll be there. I'll be the shortish girl in an Immortal shirt and a patchy black metal jacket if anyone wants to say hi.

It's kind of sketchy that I have to go all the way to Oakland for the show now. Last time I was there I was literally standing on the street for not even 30 seconds before some black guy with a grill asked for my phone number. :(

It's one thing to like black metal, but then use it as a funny "lol" thing is just aggravating....American kids these days...I pull away from this behavior, it seems everyone does that "OMG NEKRO TILL DEATH" or "FROSTBITTEN KVLT NEKROHOLOCAUST!!!!1111" shit...I might be a little buzzed, but I'm just sick of these kids polluting the scene acting like this...same with the Death Metal scene...turned to shits by these scene kids...I don't even bother going to many shows anymore because of this...Everyone makes a joke out of everything...Metal is a joke to everyone...blame these kids that don't know any better, but when I was 14 I was fucking happy, I loved metal, support in every way possible, I never cracked those jokes or lived out a black metal faux lifestyle to prove cool amongst friends...bullshit!

I know I'll get "cyber-attacked" after this...errrrr.

I do seriously listen to black metal, and the "Kvlt" thing is a joke. People who can't see humor in what they love are just lame.

There's no humore...I listen to certain Black Metal for the real feel the artist portrays...not this anti-religious bullshit...religion is man made, if you're satatist or use pentagrams then fuck off...you continue feeding the christian machine...The humor in black metal is something I want no part of. You can see that because you're young, but you will get older and realize its not about that. I listen to music for music, not humor.

I listen to it for the music as well. But yes, I make fun of it. Big deal?

Yes...another reason why the scene turned to shit. No one takes shit serious. I'm glad there's a tight group of people here that respect black metal and don't act like other American morons that just exploit it and act "black" in a way. That's no way an attack on blacks, because I can mean the same thing by saying wiggers...but anywho...my point is there, and some people can see it, some can't. I don't know if you personally are at an extreme level of acting like most of the kids, but you show it on here, so I will assume. No more hailz, blut kriegz, or frostbitten moon madnezz for you.