About those PPUSA burritos

NorseBlood

franks n steins
Nov 6, 2013
Smashville
As a connoisseur of fine event dining, I'd like to mention how much everyone liked those huge burritos served at last year's PPUSA. At only $5 a burrito they were pretty awesome. Is there any chance we'll have the same vendor back this year?

Also, did I hear someone say earlier that Sausalito's has moved again?

Not sure about the burritos although I did hear they were good. I can ask on FB if you're not on there.

I can tell you that Sausalito's is closed, not sure of where they may have moved to (if at all). I can ask on FB if you're not on there.

That Southern BBQ they had a couple of years ago was pretty awesome too.

Of course there's always Vespucci's. Best pizza & pasta within walking distance of Center Stage. Good to have options.

That Southern BBQ they had a couple of years ago was pretty awesome too.

Of course there's always Vespucci's. Best pizza & pasta within walking distance of Center Stage. Good to have options.

I'm so sorry brother, but they're gone too :'( I think the best spots for a quick lunch near the venue now are DaVinci's and there's a Whole Foods a bit further away.

From PPUSA FB page: "Vendors have not been confirmed yet; however bar food will indeed be served inside the venue.
Sausalito’s is closed and their new location is no where near the venue.
The closest eatery to the venue is DaVinci's Pizzeria Midtown."

Last edited:
Those burritos were awesome, and the guys slinging them were both fun and pros.

Sad news about Sausalito and Vespucci's. I guess those store fronts are empty? Does midtown ATL have a lot of empty storefronts?

For anyone looking for a good Italian lunch spot, take a cab/uber or a hike over to Pasta Da Pulcinella. Well worth it! (I doubled checked and Google says they're still around.)

Whoa, major bummer about Vespuci's. Sausalito's moved away from midtown according to conversations with Chef Ernesto last year. They wanted to jack up his rent an insane amount so he tapped out.

Whoa, major bummer about Vespuci's. Sausalito's moved away from midtown according to conversations with Chef Ernesto last year. They wanted to jack up his rent an insane amount so he tapped out.

Ernesto did say something about coming back in a different building, but I don't know if it was going to happen by the time ProgPower came around again.

As for Vespuchi's, I haven't eaten there in years. I think DaVinci's took a lot of their business.

Reactions: NorseBlood
FB update: "The venue has brought in two food vendors just for our festival, and we thank them! Food will be available for all 4 days...." Jenn has confirmed these were the same vendors as last year...

Gezzo's West Coast Burritos
  • West Coast Burrito + Chips & Salsa $8.00
  • 2 Soft Tacos + Chips & Salsa $8.00
  • Loaded Nachos $8.00
  • Add Fresh Guacamole $1.00
Sweet Auburn Barbecue
  • BBQ Sandwich (choice of smoked, pulled chicken or pork on Texas toast) + 1 side $10.00
  • BBQ Plate (same as above) + house-made pickles + 2 sides $13.00
  • Auburn Taco $4.00
  • Sides: Mac n Cheese, Bourbon Baked Beans, Coleslaw & Chips $4.00

A couple years ago someone was making special order PPUSA cupcakes AND they delivered. Does that still happen?

Also there was a good Cajun & Creole restaurant called (I think) Front Page News. Had a nice patio where on could sit outside. Is it still around?