About to go get a CD

No, that is why Mark took away the Hatepit.

I'm deleting the posts by you and DE. He never attacked your opinion, he was just annoyed by your pointlessly large signature (can you really blame him?). It should've been a PM though.

Guardian of Darkness said:
No, that is why Mark took away the Hatepit.

I'm deleting the posts by you and DE.
As both posts were shitty and infantile, I thank you.

Question, how can anyone not like Death?:D

Also, for my part, Hatepit stayed in Hatepit, most people that had fun there kept it that way. Some didn't, and most of those same someones still act like assholes all over the place. But variety is the spice of life, what would we do without assholes? Unthinkable.

I don't mind Death, I just end up attacking them because people suggest that they're the most important band ever and other such tripe.
You know the saying, opinions are like assholes, everyone's got one and they all stink.:D Death were just one of the frontrunners of the DM genre. Not too, too important.:heh:

And now.......I'm spent.

AjDeath said:
You should stop feltching, it would make your thought process much clearer. Machine Head sucks, I agree, but their first album is great, EVRERYTHING ELSE BUY THEM IS NULL AND VOID. If you would stop being a closed minded little bitch you would like music for what it is, music, not a fucking competition.

I'm not close-minded, I pretty much only hate a few genres of music. Half-thrash happens to be one of them.

Their first album happened to have only one good song, Davidian. </end machine head>

I get annoyed because they're credited for inventing things that other bands had already done before them.

:lol:

Jean-Pierre said:
I'm not close-minded, I pretty much only hate a few genres of music. Half-thrash happens to be one of them.

Their first album happened to have only one good song, Davidian. </end machine head>

What the fuck is half thrash, seems to me that it is metal anyway you want to listen to it. Yes, MH fucking suck, agreed that they are shit now. But, their first album still has many well written songs on it. And actual, dare I say, emotion, and their isn't a crappy song about a relationship. what are they angry at on their only good release? People, stupid people:heh: And ignorance.

Oh and saying you are not close minded about your musical tastes is like saying the pocket fisherman was a good and needed invention, we are all closeminded about our taste in music, it wouldn't be taste(preference) if we weren't.

These releases are all classics which should be owned by any self-respecting extreme metaller.

BM
Graveland - Thousand Swords
Moonblood - Blut und Krieg
Summoning - Dol Guldur
Burzum - Hvis Lyset Tar Oss
Burzum - Filosofem
Beherit - Drawing Down the Moon
Nokturnal Mortum - Goat Horns
Nokturnal Mortum - NeChrist
Sacramentum - Far Away From the Sun

Also, Hell Awaits is better than Reign in Blood. Forgotten Legends is slightly better than Autumn Aurora.

I need to pick up some Nokturnal Mortum...I listen to Knjaz's other projects(Mistigo Varggoth Darkestra, Aryan Terrorism) i'm ashamed at myself for never getting any Nokturnal Mortum

Oh and Show No Mercy is better than any other slayer album. Hell awaits is decent and Reign in blood is half good half filler.

Ivan the terrible said:
"Millenium" is just as good.

Well it's probably the best starting point to get into Monstrosity. But I don't know if it would match up to IDP, but opinion is opinion eh?

Oh and the Death argument should've stopped a while ago, haha. They are a great band that is unavoidable, but they are over rated for their influence. So it is a looping argument, can we not end it and just let the guy decide for himself? :D

Melodeath said:
so you think the songs on "the red in the sky..." are better than WFIKTBD except for the lyrics?
Yes. "The Red in the Sky is Ours" is my favourite death metal album ever and one of my top 3 favourite albums of all time. I worship every song on that album and could listen to it all fucking day for the rest of my life.

Erik said:
Yes. "The Red in the Sky is Ours" is my favourite death metal album ever and one of my top 3 favourite albums of all time. I worship every song on that album and could listen to it all fucking day for the rest of my life.
:)

Death popularized death metal, that's really it. There's a difference between inventing and popularizing. That said, Human is a great release and the best album that band released. The album needed two members of Cynic to make that album what it was.

Most so called "classics" are solid releases but don't add anything innovative, which is what I would use as a gauge to label an album a "classic". So with that in mind, I would name these albums classics:

Slayer - Hell Awaits
Sepultura - Morbid Visions
Massacra - Enjoy the Violence
Possessed - Seven Churches
Morbid Angel - Altars of Madness, Blessed are the Sick
At the Gates - Red in the Sky is Ours
Demilich - Nespithe
Suffocation - Effigy of the Forgotten
Gorguts - Obscura

Of course there are more classic albums, but many have already been mentioned, and I think these in particular are especially important.

Melodeath said:
The 3rd and the Mortal - Tears Laid In Earth [x]
If you like "Tears Laid In Earth" (I think it´s their best album), you will also like their first EP "Sorrow". Are you already familiar with any of their other stuff? There are soundsamples from their other releases on their official website http://mortal.info, but I doubt they are sufficient to get a proper impression of their entire albums. Well, I think you can still download a full-length video of "Magma" from their second album "Painting On Glass". (All other songs on "Painting On Glass" are much more mellow than "Magma".)

Some albums I´d like to recommend:

Fear Of God - "Within The Veil"
Atrox - "Terrestrials"
Atrox - "Orgasm"

(There are mp3-files of three songs of "Within The Veil" in the "Music"-section of the official Fear Of God-website www.fear-of-god.com as well as of three songs of "Terrestrials" and of two songs of "Orgasm" in the "samples"-section of the official Atrox-website www.atrox-web.com.)

Psychotic Waltz - "A Social Grace"
Fates Warning - "The Spectre Within"
Fates Warning - "Awaken The Guardian"
Fates Warning - "No Exit"
Fates Warning - "Perfect Symmetry"
Voivod - "Dimension Hatröss"
Voivod - "Nothingface"
The Gathering - "How To Measure A Planet?"
Sieges Even - "Steps"
Sieges Even - "A Sense Of Change"
Candlemass - "Epicus Doomicus Metallicus"
Candlemass - "Nightfall"
Nightwish - "Oceanborn"

As you mentioned that you already checked the thread about thrash metal recommendations (or did I get you wrong?), I think there´s no need to repeat them here.