About to go get a CD

Some damn fine recommendations listed. Some of which would be a real bitch to find an actual real copy of (of coarse you can always elect to dl them), such as:
Atheist - any really
Baphomet - The Dead Shall Inherit
Carnage - Dark Recollections
Disincarnate - Dreams of a Carrion Kind
Monstrosity - Imperial Doom

And I'll add to that near impossible to find category:
Banished - Deliver Me Unto Pain
Rottrevore - Iniquitous
Daylight Dies - Idle
Immolation - Dawn of Possession
Dismember - Like an Everflowing Stream
Behemoth - Grom
Cancer - first three albums (fuck the fourth one, it eats rancid ass)
Portal - S/T (members of Cynic recorded in 1995)
Iron Angel - Hellish Crossfire
Exorcist - Nightmare Theater

Other than that may I suggest getting:
Black Sabbath - EVERYTHING!
Judas Priest - everything also
Iron Maiden - preferably older material
Bathory - everything (just don't make Octagon or Requiem your first experience)
Immolation - Everything
Incantation - Everything
The Gathering - Everything
Possessed - All three albums + demos if you can find them

That should keep you busy and your wallet empty.

anonymousnick2001 said:
I checked out Atrox. Weird, but good stuff.
Profånity said:
I've ordered some Atrox.
:) Nice to see there are some others who appreciate this kind of music. As you might have already read on the official Atrox-website, Monika left the band earlier this year, but she´s still very creative. You find some more information about her other projects and some interesting interviews at http://edvardsensingers.free.fr/indexmonika.htm.
If it doesn´t have to be metal, you might also try the eponymously titled debut album by Tactile Gemma, a project by former Atrox-guitarist Rune Sørgård, Monika and her sister Ann-Mari (she sang on three releases by The 3rd And The Mortal). Also quite weird stuff and I think their record label Season of Mist sells it very cheap.

Yes i saw the thrash list, maybe you could cut it down for mew though haha. Its huge...

OT: Darth Kur, I've seen that image in your sig before. Is it your picture? I found it on Google Images searching for "Autumn Aurora"

You should get the rest of At The Gates, they have always had solid efforts.

Some more:

Testament - The Legacy
- The New Order
- Practice What You Preach
- The Gathering

Amon Amarth: Anythnig and everything.

Annihilator - Alice In Hell
- Criteria For A Black Window
- King Of The Kill
- Never, Neverland
-Carnival Diablos

Death Angel -Ultra Violence
-Frolic Through The Park
-Act III

Decrepit Birth - And Time Begins (Overlooked new album, awesome new brutal death metal)

Suffocation, get everything. By the looks of your list this is perfect for your collection.

Get some Dimmu Borgir also, they may not be the most respected band here but they still make some damn good music.

Kreator, get as much as you can otherwise these will do:
- Endless Pain
- Pleasure To Kill
- Terrible Certainty
- Extreme Aggression

Never forget Manowar, Battle Hymns and Hail To England will do.

Ahh, you have forgotten Entombed. They have a mixed discography, but it's mostly all great.

Exodus aren't really that great, though their new album kicks some major ass and is a good place to start. So start with Tempo Of The Damned.

YOU NEED NOCTURNUS. NOW. They only have three full length releases to my count?
-The Key
-Thresholds
-Ethereal Tomb

Dark Angel are a good look at the primitive extreme metal, I suggest Darkness Descends.

Possessed also, Seven Churches being their best.

For some new power metal Persuader and Dragonforce aren't too bad, along with Grave Diggers second newest "The Grave Digger". Blind Guardian and Rhapsody are great, both making solid releases mainly over the years. So anything from either will do.

Wow, this list is a little long. But this is pretty much great metal, and it's all as mainstream as it gets in underground metal so it won't be hard to find. I did not really suggest much black metal as someone else will list a heap, but a few albums:

Bathory - Under The Sign: Sign Of The Black Mark
Borknagar - Empiricism
Burzum - Hvis Lyset Tar Oss
Battlelore - Where The Shadows Lie
Darkthrone - Under A Funeral Moon

Yeah, there is so much more but they are some of my favorites. All of those bands have great discographies. That'll do 'er for now.

Focusphere said:
Slayer - Hell Awaits
Sepultura - Morbid Visions
Massacra - Enjoy the Violence
Possessed - Seven Churches
Morbid Angel - Altars of Madness, Blessed are the Sick
At the Gates - Red in the Sky is Ours
Demilich - Nespithe
Suffocation - Effigy of the Forgotten
Gorguts - Obscura

Best list in this thread.

Somberlain said:
You forgot Coma Of Souls, Kreator's best.

And calling Exodus less than great is blasphemy. Bonded By Blood is mandatory fucking thrash. Listen again.

I didn't forget Coma Of Souls, I just picked a starting list.

Exodus is great, but they have do not have a solid history. They have some real shit in there, and some real great stuff. It's not a stable discography.

Arise and BTR are > Morbid Visions
Show No Mercy and Reign in Blood are > Hell Awaits
Demilich is overrated
I have no interest in Gorguts or Massacra, but agree with the rest.

Arghoslent - Incorrigible Bigotry is a classic (if it hasnt been mentioned, didnt read this whole thread).

Symbolic is Death's best. And I'm going to assume you all know my position on SotS, enough bashing it, thanks.

Melodeath said:
OT: Darth Kur, I've seen that image in your sig before. Is it your picture? I found it on Google Images searching for "Autumn Aurora"
No, I wish it was my picture. I, foolishly, never took any pics of the few times I've seen the aurora's.
I found that pic by doing a search for aurora photo's and then snagged it for my sig.

Here's what you got to buy:

Arcturus - All specially The Sham Mirrors
Opeth - All
How Like a Winter - Beyond my Grey Wake
My Dying Bride - All
Trail of Tears - All and their october release album this year Free Fall to Fear
Green Carnation - All specially Light of Day, Day of Darkness
Agalloch - All

I have so many to recommend, but man those above are great!

misfit said:
Symbolic is Death's best. And I'm going to assume you all know my position on SotS, enough bashing it, thanks.

Are you saying you've bashed it enough or are you saying sick of all the bashing?

anyway yeah, some people suggested some albums I already have and are in the list. I appreciate you trying to help, but please, read the list in the beginning if you are going to make suggestions. That way, you will be able to make better suggestions. Thanks. (I do not mean to sound ungrateful, because i actually am very grateful for your suggestions)

Scourge of Malice said:
Neurosis - A Sun that Never Sets, Times of Grace, Through Silver in Blood, The Eye of Every Storm (basically everything)

ISIS - Oceanic, Celestial

Gorguts - EVERYTHING

Edge of Sanity - CRIMSON II (you have I, get the sequel :) )

Enslaved - Below the Lights

Mastodon - Remission

Borknagar - Empiricism
ISIS!NEUROSIS!MASTODON! awesome choices dude :D

AjDeath said:
You should stop feltching, it would make your thought process much clearer. Machine Head sucks, I agree, but their first album is great, EVRERYTHING ELSE BUY THEM IS NULL AND VOID. If you would stop being a closed minded little bitch you would like music for what it is, music, not a fucking competition.

Burn my eyes and The More Things Change were two of the first metal albums i had ever gotten way back in the day, I can honestly say although I dont like TMTC as much today (I still love burn my eyes) those two albums were turning points for me in terms of music.

You should get Anthrax-Fist full of metal,and Spreading the disease.
If you're not too into singers, maybe Wrathchild america-climbin' the walls
Venom is good, any will do.
Deseased,Sepulturas Arise imo better than 'Chaos A.D.'
Try Nocturnal Rites-After life. good if you're into that kind of stuff.
Super joint ritual is good too.
Have to throw in M.O.D-USA for M.O.D, and S.O.D-Bigger than the devil.
if you want also get the video S.O.D-Kill your self the movie. good to watch and there's an extra song not on bigger than the devil called Season the obese. The video to thats cool.