about UM rules enforcement regarding pirating and illegal downloading

Sep 2, 2001
I don't know where to post this, so I'll just post this here. I understand this is a big server so management cost time. I only stop by here once a week, but whenever I stop by, it seem to be loaded with people requesting for pirates and illegal mp3 downloads. Usually in the chat section.

That should be against the forum policy, if not, it is atleast illegal in general. Therefore should be deal with more seriously, because I see those threads/post are just floating around and people even replies to offer pirates to the requesting user. Can the mods, unless they too support illegal mp3 download discussions, which they don't, go on to make a clearer point about these issues, such as; post stickeys, lock threads that have those discussions, and/or give penalty to users that ask about pirates and illegal downloading?

I'm not trying to bitch about a moral view about mp3 pirating, but more about the fact that those threads are trashing the quality of the forum and is annoying when you accidently or forced to read them.

question about that, i live in canada where piracy and illegal downloading laws are different, they are legal unless someone is making money off of it, so would it be against the rules for me to 'ilegally download' ?