About your Ibanez guitars, Chris

Dave 321

New Metal Member
Oct 26, 2008
hey Chris, I've been a great fan of you since I saw you playing in Megadeth on the 24th of February at the Brixton academy, and I have never seen the solo to ashes in your mouth played so well. Since then, and since seeing your betcha can't play this, I've wanted a seven string ibby. [/fanboy]

On your site you say that you use a few RG7321s and an RG1527, so I looked around online, and.. They're not massively expensive... So what gives, do you have fret jobs done on them and all that? What else do you do to make your guitars real players?

Thanks, Dave

Have you tried an RG1527? They're great guitars straight from the factory. I've owned 3, and all 3 were flawless in terms of their finish work and playability.

Have you tried an RG1527? They're great guitars straight from the factory. I've owned 3, and all 3 were flawless in terms of their finish work and playability.
Agreed 100% when ever you get a Prestige the quality of the wood and build construction is very good. The only thing I change is the pickups (but that is personal preference).

Take care, Chris.

I can add to this by saying the Ibanez guitars that come out of Japan are just stellar quality. Any of them. I collected Jem's and RG's for about 10 years (had about 15 Jems at one point) and the quality on them is amazing. I also have a 72' Ibanez Les Paul Copy (the lawsuit models). I like it better than my dads 58' Gibson and oddly enough so does he. Although recently I have moved away from Ibanez guitars due to wanting a different sound I still cant say enough good things about them.

You cant go wrong on a Japanese made Ibanez.

Well...don't forget that...whatever the marketing strategies are to try to manipulate buyers into believing that the guitar is worth the price asked....after all...it still is just wood and strings!

In my opinion, if a guitar is too much high priced, it's not worth the money since for less you can get a luthier to build you one at your exact specifications...right!? :)

Jacksons and Ibanez are amazing guitars for the money (other brands can be also, but I never tried others)...just beware that artists models are always priced higher than it's common identical models.

On the RG1527M it is a basswood body. How does that sound? I'm a fan of mahogany.