Absolute Power - Extreme metal guys can do melody well!

Fire breath

Feb 20, 2002
London
piris-metalopolis.blogspot.com
This is a very long touted project from Shane and Mitch from Napalm Death. I remember reading about this in the mid 90s in Kerrang when I use to buy that rag. Anyway those guys told the press they were gonna do this classic heavy power metal album with NWOBHM tendencies and voila in 2011 May it fucking sees the light of day. Good job we weren't holding our breath eh! Anyway is this shit any good? Well actually yes...it's pretty fucking good actually for a bunch of exteme metal grindcore guys who like to make noise in their day jobs. This line up is below. Backing vocals are provided by Ripper. Two producers in there as well as you can see. Actually I was thinking maybe this Efemey can't sing but he can actually and fits the band perfectly and holds a decent melody but is not a brilliant singer technically speaking but who cares. the riffing is nice and ballsy and very NWOBHMish. Not far from old Saxon or some such band. The songs are very cool and hummable. These guys didn't let themselves down at all. They maybe used to blasts and grinding till the cows come home but they still love classic metal in their hearts like the rest of us as well. Hope they decide to continue and make another album sometime as the debut is an excellent effort. Most of it if not all is on YT.

Simon Efemey (producer; PARADISE LOST, CROWBAR) - Vocals
Shane Embury (NAPALM DEATH, BRUJERIA) - Bass
Mitch Harris (NAPALM DEATH) - Guitar
Russ Russell (producer; EVILE, DIMMU BORGIR) - Guitar
Ian Treacey (BENEDICTION, MEATHOOK SEED) - Drums

Last edited by a moderator:
I hear some old school Metal Church in there - loving it!!!!! What label is it out on?

It's released on FETO records but it's a digital download only from amazon itunes etc. They are planning a gatefold vinyl release apparently later on.

[ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Absolute-Power/dp/B004VR4TXC/ref=sr_shvl_album_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1305153577&sr=301-1[/ame]