Academy Award Abomination O/T

Momo

Mongoloid Elitist
Jan 24, 2005
Long Island N.Y
gikemo.homestead.com
I know most people don't give a rats ass about movie awards but what kind of chuckleheads in the academy decided that Jamie Foxx should be nominated for best supporting actor playing a cab driver in the almost unwatchable movie "Collateral"

Anyone could have played that role for godsakes all he did was drive a cab for 3/4 of the movie and act scared. If You ask me if they put Dave Chapelle in that role it would have made that movie 50 times better ! This is just another example of Political correctness rearing it's ugly fucking head.

The academy feels the need to nominate someone black. It wasn't bad enough that Jamie Foxx is also up for best actor in "Ray" which he basically did a living colour imitation and sketch of Ray Charles for 2 hrs but after I sat through this Collateral piece of shit it convinced me that even liberal hollywood is being infilitrated by this political correctness Bullshit. Plus everyone knows the best black actor ever was Clarence Williams III who played Link of The Mod Squad.

Also, If you notice everytime Jamie Foxx is interviewed now he's all serious and talking about his grandmother dying and shit just to get the sympathy vote. If he wins any academy awards I'm gonna go ballistic and kill all the members of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.

Best Regards,

Momo

[I agree but Morgan Freeman is a damn good actor. I think hes my favorite black actor. Hes good in everything he does. Seven, Shawshank ,Driving miss daisy, etc..

I agree that Morgan is a great actor no doubt. However, lately he has been cast as the Moral center of every film. I'd like to see him play more villains. He played a villain in a fairly decent Steven King movie "Dreamcatchers". Shawshank which you mentioned is up there as one of my favorite movies.

Best Regards,

Momo

Dream catchers was a fucked up movie, but I liked it. Your right he does play alot of Good moral type characters. Hes good at it, but it would be nice to see him branch out. Samuel L Jackson was great in Pulp Fiction and Jurassic Park. He was even good in Deep Blue Sea before he got eaten. Im sure hes excellent in Coach Carter but I really don want to see that. Jackie brown rocked too.

Arg_Hamster said:
Yeah, Freeman would be great as a no-good asshole in a film... but I guess he´s got kind granpa-eyes or something...

Yeah hes getting up there it would be hard for him to play a bad guy withou having to fight and stuff. Unless he had lots of henchmen.

Billy Dee Williams. One of the greatest black actors ever. Any of you ever play the Bill Dee drinking game? It's easy pick any movie he's in and get alot of booze, beer, wine, whatever. When ever he comes on screen you have to drink till he goes away.

Never played the drinking game. I just remember Billy Dee being in those Colt 45 commercials being all smooth with some hot black chick drooling all over him. I think he was on Dynasty too. Holy shit I watched fucking Dynasty ! BRB, I'm gonna take a hammer to my head.

Best regards,

Momo

Arg_Hamster said:
Speaking of afro-american actors, what´s Carl Weathers up to?

Billy Dee Wiliams was great in Star wars. Calr Weathers was great in Predator. Oh BIll Duke who was also in Predaotr and Bird on A wire and a shitload of other movies. Big Black guy. STan Shaw was good in Fried Green Tomatoes and shit that Pirate movie with Geena Davis. Ernie Hudson was awesome in the Crow and GHostbusters.

Thanks Gas for the accolades on my avatar once i saw it I Immediatley laughed my ass off and knew I had to have it for my own. Also Ving Rhymes as Marcellus Wallace and that big guy in Green Mile and Armageddon Michael Clarke Duncan was pretty good too.

Best Regards,

Momo

he was good in the movie but when i heard he was nominated for an academy award i shit a brick. what a fucking joke. but if they do not nominate black actors the "r" word rears its head. and every year a minority will win 1 major oscar for that reason. its just like miss america where every year the final 5 are 1-2 white girls, 1-2 black girls, 1-2 asian/hispanic. imagine what would happen if 5 white girls made the final 5, world war 3 would break out/ jesse jackson and the aclu would try to get the pagent terminated. what if 5 minorities made the final 5? nothing, no big deal, fine just fine......