ACCEPT - Can this great German band from the 80’s bring new life to today’s metal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACCEPT

Aug 17, 2010
It is a long read, but I think it is worth it!!!!

My first post was moved to “self-promotion” but ACCEPT is not my band. This underlines precisely why I am posting on Ultimate Metal Forums. I am trying to alert the world to the return of this band to the world stage. ACCEPT has played the same stages as Metallica and any other huge band but does not enjoy the same “brand” recognition. People like myself, are eager to do everything we can in this “new age” of info sharing to change that. In the 1980s your success was always determined by the budget your record company afforded you. Today, the internet offers a way for things that are truly “great” to succeed on merit!!!

Here’s something a little special…..

I have met ACCEPT and have told them about my belief in the importance of “metal forums” like this. During the tough times, this is where the “Defenders of the Faith” can be found. Peter Baltes (bass player) especially enjoys interacting with fans and sees the internet as a welcome way to do this. My vision, as a multi-decade metal fan, is to strengthen the current state of metal given the tools now available to us. This is why I created this profile and have shared the login credentials with ACCEPT. If metal fans are going to demonstrate their passion for the music by starting these kinds of communities, why wouldn’t metal musicians take the time to pop in and say hello from time to time??? If you see my first post, you will notice Peter’s post to a fan who saw them in Turkey. How cool is that???

The “metal scene” today is very different from the heyday of the 1980’s and so is much of the music. Still, one would expect anything that is/was truly great to stand the test of time.

I think this is the case with ACCEPT. Two albums in particular, “Restless & Wild” and “Balls to the Wall” probably should find their way into the collection of anyone claiming any expertise in metal.

Perhaps more importantly, ACCEPT is just about to release “Blood of the Nations” (European release on August 20th, 2010 in Japan on Sept. 4th and in the US on Sept. 19th via Nuclear Blast Records) their first studio album in 14 years. Early indications are that this album will quickly take its place beside these other ACCEPT “Classics” in the eyes of those already familiar with the band.

This raises a huge question… “what about those who will be learning about ACCEPT for the very first time?”

Do the classic “metal essentials” still resonate with today’s younger metal generation? I ask this because ACCEPT is a leader, not a follower. Their influence on other bands (past and present) has been huge. Therefore, you will not find them abandoning their emphasis on great songs in favor of lengthy, progressive, instrumental self-indulgence, nor will you see them enter into any contest to become the most heavy or evil sounding band on earth. Instead, ACCEPT will give fans of today something very similar to what ACCEPT fans have always loved.

I am interested in knowing if the video for “Teutonic Terror” appeals to people today. It would have been massively huge in the 80’s, and something tells me, it will stand up today too!!! Let me know!!!!

http://www.acceptworldwide.com/2-0-MEDIA.html

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.