ACCEPT in 2010

Dude, I don't study internet acronyms...but right back at you.

STFUGTFO = Shut the fuck up, get the fuck out.

Tell me, is the internet the only safe place for you?

No, I'm actually quite comfortable with myself in public.

You weren't willing to offer me any insight, so I branded you with your stereotype, and finally that got you to dispell a myth or two.

Still, couldn't the discussion have been..... "well, I think .......... is what will keep these guys from connecting with people".....

or something along those lines.

You want insight? Metal Heart is one of my favorite albums of all time. Happy now? The idea of getting into a long, drawn out philosophical discussion about ACCEPT seems like the most retarded activity ever thought of, however.

When I was a kid, I felt pretty strong in my ability to know what was or was not "cool".

Turns out, once you get to a certain age, you lose that. Our parents did, our children will....

So what's your point? Only complete cunts care about what's "cool" or fashionable.

So, I don't see the harm in having asked people to clue me in.

True. This thread shows that your are completely clueless about anything that is not ACCEPT related.

Accept is a badass band, and Blood of the Nations would be a good contender for best album of 2010, so it pains me to see an Accept topic being turned into a black/death metal bashing topic. TC, you should be ashamed of yourself.

Hey Man,

The thread was started with good intentions. Best thing now is to just let it die and sink to the bottom.

The new album is great.

http://sputnikmusic.com/review_38614

poor

If you’re a bit of a seasoned metalhead, chances are you’ve heard of Accept, a key band in the development of European heavy metal during the 80’s, especially a dominant movement in Germany. Their ’84 anthem Balls to the Wall definitely put them on the map, and they are well-remembered for their aggressive, simple riffs created by twin lead guitar tandem Wolf Hoffmann and Herman Frank, as well as for their front figure: that little banshee troll of a vocalist Udo Dirkschneider. The singer eventually went on to front his own band U.D.O., and Accept went on a hiatus.

Despite coming together again several times afterwards, Accept have, not very surprisingly, never been able to match the success they enjoyed during the mid-80’s. The last performances of the band with Dirkschneider were during a brief reunion in 2005, and although some of the members expressed interest in creating a new album together, their singer turned them down, seeing no real future for the project. Stubborn as they were, Hoffmann, Frank and bassist Peter Baltes went to look for a new vocalist, and recruited former TT Quick singer Mark Tornillo. A year later, here is the promised new album: Blood of the Nations.

The first matter that should be dealt with is obvious: the band’s new singer. Tornillo can’t really be blamed for effort, but makes the mistake that many replacements (which, bluntly put, he is) make. He tries too hard to be Udo Dirkscheider, which is an impossible task to start with. That little man is, after all, such a distinctive vocalist no one could possibly hope to successfully mimic his performance. Instead of making the songs his own, Tornillo inevitably ends up sounding like an inferior version of his predecessor. When he tries to imitate his trademark snarling delivery, we are constantly reminded how much better Dirkschneider sounded. When he switches to melodic singing here and there (such as in The Abyss), he just sounds pathetic. It’s the first proof of what Accept, predictable as it is, is trying to do here: sound like they did in 1984. Why try to create something new and interesting if you can keep stuck in the past?

Although the vocals are obviously the main issue at hand, the boys could have at least saved some of their honour by writing a bunch of memorable songs. The impression the album first gives with its opener Beat the Bastards will only be so-so, and as the songs move along, the similarity and lack of inventive riffs only further the album’s demise. On top of that, the tracks are definitely too long. Most of them are above five minutes, and taking into account Accept’s simple method of writing, that causes them to repeat themselves far more than they should, creating a drag in the album that will only get worse with multiple listens.

Many fans of the band were quick to claim there can be no Accept without Udo, and listening to Blood of the Nations, their prediction is utmost correct. The Accept of 2010 deliver an average, clichéd metal record that suffers heavily from not only the missing presence of their longtime vocalist, but also poor, predictable writing. Like so many shameless reunions of this kind, Accept’s new album seems to have been made for wallet purposes, and doesn’t show any real effort at all. The band should have long realized that, certainly not without Dirkschneider, they could have never provided us with acceptable (no pun intended) new material after all these years. Blood of the Nations is downright boring, but there is no doubt there are enough willing to look through that. Too bad, because the cover did look sort of promising.

LOL THE NEW ALBUM IS UTTER SHIT!

Balls.gif

No, it's not gay at all.