ACCEPT in 2010

ACCEPT

Aug 17, 2010
Hi Folks,

My name may be ACCEPT, but I speak for myself, not ACCEPT. I cannot “self-promote” ACCEPT any more than I can Iron Maiden, Slayer, Cannibal Corpse, or Cattle Decapitation….

The “discussion” I am interested in is simple. Today, Black metal and Death metal seem to dominate these forums. If you were to ask many of the members of the bands in these genres, a lot of them would give a solid nod to ACCEPT for having introduced songs like “Fast as a Shark” or “Demon’s Night” and inspiring many of the heaviest practitioners out there.

However, ACCEPT is much more like Judas Priest in their delivery of music.

The question I ask is:

In 2010, which metal genre will ACCEPT appeal to most? Power Metal? Thrash?

During the recent European festival dates, rabid fans of all ages and from all genres appear to be really into it.

Olavi Mikkonen (AMON AMARTH) has called the new album “brilliant” and his review has been posted during the 24 hour news marathon going on right now at:

http://www.acceptworldwide.com/

Does that suggest fans of Amon Amarth might see something they like in ACCEPT too?

I’m curious to hear and better understand what draws the fans of metal to their music today, and how they decide to give thumbs up or down to bands they may be hearing for the first time.

Seems like a discussion that doesn't come up every day....

Uneasy Conscience,

My post was locked suggesting it belongs in "self-promotion". That makes no sense at all. I am not ACCEPT the band.

So, I have started a discussion in the discussion area.

I do like the idea that people with good taste probably already like ACCEPT, but to somehow think that I am "self-promoting" as a member of ACCEPT probably speaks to the fact that the moderators in question know next to nothing if anything about ACCEPT.

Aside from my posts, I don't see any talk about ACCEPT, a band that is releasing its first CD in 14 years.

All of this taken together tells me that my post is actually something different for a change and might give a few people another great band to check out.

That's why I'm posting.

Saparmurat_Niyazov,

What do you think of the new material?

I saw them live in NYC in May playing all the classics and it was inspiring seeing how they own the stage.

My post was locked suggesting it belongs in "self-promotion". That makes no sense at all. I am not ACCEPT the band.

But you said that the Bass player from Accept has access to this username, so you're at least partially associated with the band, therefore it's close enough to self-promotion to warrant going in that thread.

It's great that you're so passionate about supporting this band, but constantly making threads spamming Accept is just going to piss off a lot of the people here.

I do like the idea that people with good taste probably already like ACCEPT, but to somehow think that I am "self-promoting" as a member of ACCEPT probably speaks to the fact that the moderators in question know next to nothing if anything about ACCEPT.

Silly comment. I'm pretty sure the mods have been into metal long enough to at least know a bit about Accept.

However, the new Accept song was actually good. If you had have just posted it in one of the other existing threads, so it didn't smell so much like spam, you probably would have got a better response.

What's your problem V.V.V.V.V.?

If you don't like the discussion there are plenty other forums for you to troll. 29 000 posts?

Is the problem that I have good things to say about a band instead of contributing hate? You don't "promote" the bands you like here?

You have visions of the big bad manipulative marketing machine coming by to manipulate you? That's against your principles? I see more ads on this board than any other I have been on.

If you're hung up on the idea that I am ACCEPT, get over it. I am not, and therefore, I am not "self-promoting".

The hostility is kind of entertaining, every board has a few of you.

I hope your life improves so that the bitterness doesn't bury you man. I've seen that happen too many times and it only gets worse until you make changes to yourself.

General,

I give the same amount of respect I'm given. Neither one of you responded to my PMs to you and you still complain?

Jussstin,

Your points are well taken, but if I am spamming, I'm wasting a lot of time in one place don't you think?

Some boards I enjoy, some I don't.

The ones run by death metal types tends to have a bitter anti-social welcoming committee and people who spend a lot of time trying to enforce the board "rules" on everyone. Probably cuz no one listens to them in real life.

Playing by the rules... I forgot that's what metal's all about.

Oh Oh Oh can I get in on the spam wagon too daddy? Watch this delightful short video of me introducing myself, yaaaaaayyyyy (It's an Accept cover song):

Last edited by a moderator:
and by the way... Teutonic Terror got 2/10 in the "rate what the guy above is listening to"...by a death metal fan. No spam, just predictable Death metal mindset.

Come on... who's next?

I'm a big boy, I can take it.

I mean seriously, huge complaints because you don't think I posted in the right forum? Come on people.

Even worse, an actual musician from a German Metal legend could possibly stop by to say hello and you're offended by that?

I think it's really funny some of the reasoning I'm seeing here.