Accept- Teutonic Terror video

Well, first and foremost, the production sounds dated. Second, the subject matter of the lyrics kind of dates them. But even more so, the quality of the lyrics. They feel dated because they're the type of lyrics I could have forgiven when I was 15, but not now.

As for the new disc, been spinning it constantly.

Understandable. To me, even though the production isn't crisp, is part of the appeal to me of the old albums, but I get how that can't be everyone's cup of tea. As for the lyrics, I think they are what they are. Accept is never a band to expect some thought provoking lyrics, just bone-crushing metal. :headbang:

Just curious, have you ever listened to any of the 90s comeback albums? The production on those are much superior than their 70s/80s material. Though Predator isn't that great of an album. I do like Objection Overruled and Death Row are pretty good though.

I'm fully expecting an excellent set.

Well, first and foremost, the production sounds dated. Second, the subject matter of the lyrics kind of dates them. But even more so, the quality of the lyrics. They feel dated because they're the type of lyrics I could have forgiven when I was 15, but not now.

As for the new disc, been spinning it constantly.

Heh, I think it will be! Rock on bro!!!!!

As far as sounding dated, it IS dated! :Spin:

I also agree what was said about letting Mark branch out a little more.
Damn cd is still in my car! :) (doesn't help the road rage though!:devil:)

Just curious, have you ever listened to any of the 90s comeback albums?
I haven't. But then again, I've never been an Udo fan, so I've always kept Accept at arm's length.

Fixed. :)

I'll never forget the DT show I saw there....we literally could not breathe, it was THAT overpacked.
Yeah... they would oversell that place whenever they felt like it. It was almost like the Fire Marshall was on the payroll.

As far as sounding dated, it IS dated! :Spin:
LOL. True.

Damn cd is still in my car! :) (doesn't help the road rage though!:devil:)
No... definitely not.

As with the new Blind Guardian, I have listened to this new Accept and it is amazing like people have said. There seems to be so much energy and I'm sorry, but I just don't miss Udo. Mark absolutely kills it on this thing. At first I was wondering how this would work, if it was gonna be good or just another failed attempt at glory, but these guys seem to be back with a new re-energized vengeance. Most likely top 5 of the year for me.

Btw, is it just me or is there a lot of strong classic/power metal this year, whereas not as much great quality prog?

Best album of the 2010. No question about that.

I disagree with the folks who compare "Blood of the Nations" with their earlier stuff, but this is the best album from a (so called) big heavy metal band of the 21st century!