accolade

Sympozium

Saprophyte
Sep 16, 2001
Australia
The Accolade is the best song Symphony X has written in my opinion. It's flawless. Sorry I just had to get that off my chest. :)

i still say through the looking glass is one of my all-time favorite SymX songs, but each are so unique and compelling, how can one honestly pick just one favorite.

Bow down, in the platinum maze.
Twillight cathedrals, spread the system plague.
Forging sacred thrones, in the void unseen.
Mercyless judgement in the;
CHURCH OF THE MACHINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah! :D

Manga-San said:
Yeah, Through the Looking Glass is a tad bit underrated...

That song is fucking amazing...

I do have to agree with you, that song IS amazing. I really love the LOTEOF version, I just can't listen to it once.

But going back to the topic. I really like the accolade, but I prefer the sequel, Allen does some amazing vocals on that one (not that he doesn't on the other ones, but you get my point :p).

The best part of the Accolade is when Russell is doing the church choir humming things with the organ in the background, and when he finishes, the instruments start off one at a time. Musical genius I tell you...

"The sword he once held tight, falls forever from his HAAAAAAAAANDS!!!"

That part nearly brings a tear to my eye everytime I hear it...

Manga-San said:
The best part of the Accolade is when Russell is doing the church choir humming things with the organ in the background, and when he finishes, the instruments start off one at a time. Musical genius I tell you...

I totally agree with you. You know, that church vocal solo, was idea of Pinella becouse he used to play the Organ in a church, what a beutiful piece he wrote¡¡¡

Regarding the instrumental part (tubular bells, new age pad, violin, piano, acoustic guitar, bass and drums) the first time i listened to it, i was shocked,o_O becouse its so great and its a demostraton of SymphonyXs counterpoint.