The Accolade II

SYMPXACCOLADE

New Metal Member
Oct 7, 2002
CT
Visit site
I'm curious to know if the Accolade II has any of the melodies from the original Accolade reprised, such as the vocal melody in the choruses...which to me, is one of the finest performances in Russell's career with Symphony X....(the whole "across the sea through sands of time"...etc)....that always made the hair on my arms stand up, lol. Its always been my favorite Symphony X song. Those who've heard the new one, how does it compare? simlarities, differences? Thanks guys.

Uuuhh, listen...

The Accolade II has some similarities with the first version... some key arrangements... the phrase "A Heart of Gold, pumps within his metal skin........" is present... although I rather prefer "The Accolade"... the "The Accolade II" chorus is a lot more emotive than the first one...

oh man oh man!! I finally got to hear some other songs like Wicked & Inferno.. unbelievable this rox!! I will delete the mp3's soon cuz it's no fun buying the cd if you've already 'learnt' the songs!

Well, since the Accolade is my favorite SyX song, this song is the one on the new album that I'm waiting to hear. Thanks to everyone on the thread for saying some things about it. I guess I kinda know what to expect.

And it has one of the most B-U-T-FUL chorusses *gasp*, Symphony X have ever brought to life!

For me it is The Edge Of Forever, Lady Of The Snow, Candlelight Fantasia, Through The Looking Glass, and (of course) The Accolade) rolled into one!

Originally posted by Lady Of The Snow
And it has one of the most B-U-T-FUL chorusses *gasp*, Symphony X have ever brought to life!

I must agree! *sniffle* Someone hand me a tissue?

I noticed Russell's (godly) vocals sound a little more in the background this time around too.

Originally posted by korruption
I must agree! *sniffle* Someone hand me a tissue?

*hands over a hankie*

But my signature line ("Awakenings") has moved me even more, damn...
mecry.gif

Sir Russell is simply amazing!!!!