What should the new album sound like?

Wicked and King Of Terrors make brilliant live songs, but i would much rather have an album with songs similar to " Through the looking glass", "A winter's dream" and "lady of the snow" with some in your face songs thrown in to spice it up. I think the Oddyssey was great because of the dynamics. You have the in your face songs and then beutiful songs like accolade II and awakenings to keep everything balanced. New sounds from Symphony X will come naturally as the band matures. They arent gonna just sit down and try to write songs to fit a mold.

Thrash metal?! Death Metal?! You got to be kidding! If Symphony X sound like death metal someday, I'll kill myself!

This is a curse about the most perfect prog-metal band in the whole goddamn' universe! And you come to me and say thrash metal?

Let bands like Iced Earth do their thrash metal!

Symphony X should sound as good as they can be, experimenting other sonorities, but never, NEVER missing their own identity, which IMO is: "neo-classical-heavy-power-prog-metal"... :D

i agree completely with †Russel Allen†®. my view of thrash is megadeth or old metallica sound, and death metal... lets not go there. let other bands do that, symphony x needs to keep their unique sound, which IMO, cannot be matched by anyone.

i think russell's voice on all symphony x cd's have been amazing, im more interested in mike's keyboards. i hope he puts some more grand piano sections in each song, while still keeping his older sounds also. also i hope michael romeo keeps his aggressive sound on the odyssey. personally i love it, but like some other people said, i also hope he brings back the neo-classical sound. probably the things i liked best about the odyssey cd is that most of the songs sound amazing live (esspecially accolade II and wicked). i hope they have a few of those. and whoever mentioned the jazz'y feel they had on awakenings, i feel that sounds like that only work for 1 or 2 songs, not the whole cd... :eek:

oh and an epic song would be nice too :)

Part of me wants to say "I hope the next album is a nice mix of the neo-classical-heaviness of DWOT, the prog-storytelling-symphonic-mayhem of V, and the melodic-heaviness of The Odyssey, with better drum production..."

In the end, really, I just hope the next album sounds like Symphony X. I think that's all I can ask for. And if it turns out that way, then I'll be happy, no doubt in my mind.