What Do You Think Opeth's Next LP Should Sound Like?

Well I hope the concept is darkworthy. As in lyrics I hope they maintain the epic vibe.

Red sun rising somewhere through the dense fog.
The portrait of the jaded dawn who had seen it all before.
This day wept on my shoulders. Still the same as yesterday.
This path seems endless, body is numb.
The soul has lost its flame.
Walking in familiar traces to find my way back home.
So there I was. Within the sobriety of the immortals.

Opeth.....

Flynn77 said:
If It wasn't for Orchid and Morningrise, I prolly wouldn't like Opeth as much as I do. MAYH was great as was Still Life, But I am still yearning for more of the Orchid/Morningrise Sound. I love the vibe on Both LP's and Hope to God that the new LP in 1st Quarter 2005 will resemble them. What do you expect from Opeth's New Lp? When I asy Ecpect I mean Everything from Track lengths to Album art and Theory not to mention the "Concept" of their New LP, meaning Will there be a story line to the Whole LP? Who knows...What do you Want Opeth's next release to sound like and what do you expect?

The Dude said:
I want it to sound like Opeth.

And guess what, it will!

Yeah. Other then that, I don't know what to expect. Each and every album Opeth has put out has has it's own style, and I have liked them all. I guess Rose Immortal said it best:

Rose Immortal said:
Whatever they do, I hope they still retain the intelligence of their music, both with regards to the music and the lyrics. Beyond that I'm not really too picky about the sound of it. ;)

I hope for an epic dark majestic evil album....doesn't necessarily have to be black metal but usually that description means black metal, but i suppose My Arms fits it and isn't necessarily black metal. Whatever they do, I just hope it's reallly good. and a concept album would be amazing also.

Shroud, I was just fucking around...

and yea, MAYH seems like the "blackest" Opeth album to me, it's so bleak and harsh compared to the warmer acoustic tones of the first two, the jazzy vibe of SL and the...whatever... of BWP and D&D.

I hope the keyboards are used sparingly. Or used more or less as a texture to the song. (no Children of Bodom keyboards).

Also, the idea of the open tunings may excite others but not me. This can only mean more acoustic work. And while opeths acoustic work is great, i just hope that there is not very much of it in the new album. :oops:

hopefuly its a concept

Rose Immortal said:
Whatever they do, I hope they still retain the intelligence of their music, both with regards to the music and the lyrics. Beyond that I'm not really too picky about the sound of it. ;)
Exactly. They've managed to do that with everything, from their heaviest album (My Arms Your Hearse) to their softest (Damnation). That to me is Opeth. So anything where that is still intact.

I hope it sounds like a horse being beaten with a spiked club by a tree troll.....ok i lied.... but just think about how cool that would sound...... HEY I COULD SELL THAT TO MORTIIS FOR HIS NEXT ALBUM...

ethereallights said:
I hope it sounds like a horse being beaten with a spiked club by a tree troll.....ok i lied.... but just think about how cool that would sound...... HEY I COULD SELL THAT TO MORTIIS FOR HIS NEXT ALBUM...

OR FINNTROLLLLLL!