Opeth and my crystal ball: Predictions for the next album

Hopefully it'll have a bit more metal, because Mike's growls on Watershed were really some of the best I've heard from him, yet they weren't used that much.

I'm glad to see them grow as musicians but I can't help but want "Blackwater Park Part II" Their sound hit a pinnacle on that album as far as my ears are concerned.

My biggest hope is that Steve Wilson comes on board to PRODUCE, and Jens Bogren stays on the console to ENGINEER and EDIT, and Opeth create the most evil metal mindfuck of an album ever recorded!

And I hope it's the most hated Opeth album yet! Oh, I can't wait.

while i would like for SW to come back and produce/contribute to their next record, what i'm most excited about is this "side project" that him and mike are supposedly planning to do some day. if even they only do one song or one ep or whatever, i would love to hear what two of the greatest minds in music can come up when they're left to their own devices and not worried so much about opeth or porcupine tree.

what about mike's crystal ball?

bigt171.jpg

this is what mike said about watershed songs..that he was writing ....

Writing is coming along nicely. I have around 5 tracks ready, or semi ready. I think it sounds darker than ever before (not saying this to "sell" the record, I think it really is darker)

ghost reveries is supposed to be a really evil album too........

anyway i love opeth

I'm glad to see them grow as musicians but I can't help but want "Blackwater Park Part II" Their sound hit a pinnacle on that album as far as my ears are concerned.

Where can I get BWP Part II?? I have only heard Still Day and Patterns II from a friend, but I want the actual copy for myself...

I picture Opeth covering power ballods from the 80s/early nineties such as "18 and life", "you dont know what you got til its gone", and "wind of change"

Huh, my previous post was done without reading yours! Honestly, I'd love to hear them do a cover album. Hey, maybe Would? would show up on the album!!!

I am pretty sure only my crystal ball actually works, as there are so few real crystal balls in the world, and it says:
"Mikael will call the next album the darkest and most evil they have done- but it will be quite a nice album with few growls and lots of 70's rock and symphonic prog rock influences. It will be good though."