The Next Album

Ghost Reveries for sure!! BWP was the first album I got into then I went to Ghost Reveries. Bloody amazing!!

hmm, well i would say Orchid, Morningrise, MAYH, Still Life, Blackwater Park (again), De-li-ver-ance, Damnation, Ghost Reveries, and then Watershed in that order

Still Life or Ghost Reveries, I would say.

Yeah, my top three is like BWP, SL, & GR so I'd say those. And then get My Arms your Hearse and Damnation. Then the rest in any order you like. Damnation is an absolutely fantastic prog rock record with a dark vibe if you're into that stuff. It's not at all metal but it still has Opeth's classic darkness.

After many, many listens to Blackwater Park, I have finally gotten used to Opeth's growling. I can't say I really like it, aside from a few cases (namely "Bleak" and "The Drapery Falls"), but I can at least stand it.

Anyway, now that I am finally an Opeth fan, I would like to know, what album should I listen to next? I've heard that Damnation is lighter and has little to no growling, but now that I have a sense for their style, I kind of like the mix. What is the next logical step?

You need some manliness pumped into you. A few brutal death classics like Suffocation - "Effigy of the forgotten" and Cryptopsy - "None so vile" should do the trick. And dont you dare pussy out on that before you have had plenty of listens through these albums, they need to do their work on you. Im serious about this too. Listening to more artists helps to refine your musical taste way more than buying every album some decent artist happens to put out.