Opeth's new album

a_taylor

New Metal Member
Dec 1, 2004
Ottawa, Canada
Hey guys! I'm just wondering if there is any news about Opeth's newest album? This is what I know already:

Opeth's management, Northern music are still negotiating with several recordlabels. At this point there are no information about who might be the label that gets to release the next Opeth opus. Speaking of which is currently being written at the Akerfeldt household. Hopefully to be recorded in the late Spring of 2005.

Also, from watching the DVD, Mikael said something about an almost, verging black metal album with some sort of concept.

Well, I really hope Opeth does something different with album. Perhaps make it something they've never done before, very unique, groundbreaking, maybe bringing some older elements back, the acoustic guitar back, harmonies, etc...just overall a progression and not a BWP pt. 2 or a Deliverance Pt. 2

100% agreed with Dreadful. I know they'll do something different 'cause they're unique.
And I hope they do a concept album as well. Mike's songwriting is just perfect.
If they do a sort of black metal album I wouldn't mind...I love Damnation though, but I don't feel the necessity to hear another album like that, but if they do, it'll be alright again.
\m/
Luz

On the DVD Mike said that he would rather keep Damnation an exculsive album. For some odd reason, Deliverence just wasnt "heavy" enough for me...although i did thoroughly enjoy the album, it had somewhat of a brooding, melodic atmosphere to it, much like BWP. So I am definately ready for something a little more brutal.

brutal would be good. But i personally hope that if it is bordering on black metal that it still has different elements (acoustic, mellow sections, mellow singing ect) and I also hope it is very different from anything they've done before. but no matter what they do I'm sure it'll be a good album.

Dreadful said:
Along with the excellent new album they should tour the US with a couple Orchid songs. -l-
agreed, I've been wanting to hear some Orchid songs, they played a good set list when i saw them though! So that's cool, but I'd love to hear Forrest of October, Under A Weeping Moon, or the Apostle in Triumph.