Is Watershed a concept album?

Hellequin

New Metal Member
Mar 9, 2008
I have tried to read everything out about this new album but I can't find anywhere if it is a concept. Does anyone know? That would be sick if it is Opeth's concepts are the SHIT...

Probably the fact that I haven't seen it anywhere means its not...

I have tried to read everything out about this new album but I can't find anywhere if it is a concept. Does anyone know? That would be sick if it is Opeth's concepts are the SHIT...

Probably the fact that I haven't seen it anywhere means its not...

Think Mike said no

It's a concept album about the dark side of the human mind. A fresh, bold concept for sure, lol it seems that only Mr. Akerfeldt is capable of coming up with something so brill.

well what i can say is that i interviewed mikael and about the lyrics... he said he will never talk about them because they're too personal, and they will not appear in the CD booklet.
period.

well what i can say is that i interviewed mikael and about the lyrics... he said he will never talk about them because they're too personal, and they will not appear in the CD booklet.
period.

Really? This is too bad, why wouldn't they appear in the booklet? How are we supposed to fully understand the emotions he is trying to convey if we aren't sure of what he is saying? The reason I enjoy Opeth so much is that there is more than just meets the "ear" when listening to the music and knowing what he is saying. This is very rare from any other band that the meaning of the lyrics is powerful enough for me to even care what they say.

What good is a concept album if you can't look at the lyrics and make sure you know what he is really saying?

There must have been a misunderstanding, I will have to see it to believe that they lyrics won't be released.

I highly doubt that that is true. Opeth's lyrics have played an integral roll in thier album's narritives and atmosphere. They've released lyrics with all of thier albums thus far...I see no reason why they wouldn't with Watershed.

I highly doubt that that is true. Opeth's lyrics have played an integral roll in thier album's narritives and atmosphere. They've released lyrics with all of thier albums thus far...I see no reason why they wouldn't with Watershed.

Agreed. Unless i see a source, stating that they are in fact not putting the lyrics in, im calling bullshit.

Yeah it's not a concept album. But each song has a slight story, however it does not flow from song to song as a narrative. Found where I heard this. It's in the third part of the radio interview posted on the Watershed thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
lol who gives a shit about lyrics in death metal, i don't know hardly any of the lyrics to opeth's songs period. ffs i still hear the deadly badgers line as fucking deadly badgers EOS